Attack enemies in radius - UPDATE

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Sat, 8. Jan 05, 20:34

8) Excellent - no idea where to start on scripting - well actually I do, it's just that I have no time to do the hard work. Good luck.

klaatu
x4

This script needs some work I guess

Post by klaatu » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 01:35

Situation:

Nova set to attack all enemies within 10km radius of Silicon Mine in Loomanckstrats Legacy. Silicon Mine is approx. 80km from Pirate Anarchy Port.

Result:

One dead Nova, killed at Pirate Anarchy Port.

:evil:

I look forward to your next version...
"It's so simple. No, wait--it's needlessly complex!"
- Homer Simpson
You need this!: Cargo Delivery Service

stella
x2

Post by stella » Mon, 10. Jan 05, 03:49

I won't even ask if you're sure it was set to 10, not 100.

Can you try to recreate it?

[EDIT]

Found a possible bug. Also put restart code in, and fixed display problem whereby showing incorrect attack radius.

Testing.
Attack enemies in radius -here

The_Vamp
x3

Post by The_Vamp » Fri, 4. Mar 05, 08:10

Whatever happened to this script? And how does it help with the shipyard spawning in the Xenon sectors? Did I understand that correctly?

Thanks!

Cody1234
x3

Post by Cody1234 » Fri, 30. Jun 06, 05:29

Attack in Radius has a broken link. correct one is here
[ external image ]
Shoop+Space=Win

-Joshua-
x2

Post by -Joshua- » Tue, 4. Jul 06, 15:17

I have found this function before by using a script to change the ownership of an attacking khaak m3, the command line said: Attack enemy ship in radius 18.4 KM. But i couldn't find in the command sections anywhere..

Good work, now I can play mr insect!
The best way to survive a battle is not getting into it.

adetheshades

Script disappeared

Post by adetheshades » Wed, 4. May 11, 08:29

So, I've recently bought X2 (and X3, but first things first) and unfortunately most of the X2 sites seemed to have disappeared (not surprisingly). Does anyone have a copy of this script still - somebody mentioned matthewfarmery but I think they restructured the web site a while ago and this particular script doesn't seem to exist on the site anymore (except for a broken link).

So I've started setting up a set of factories in Ore Belt and tried using Mark's patrol scripts to defend against attacks but unfortunately my (currently) small formation of ships (M3s,M4,M5) keeps attacking the pirates that appear from the priate base (something I didn't realise existed until they started flying that way). Given the advanced satellite, and triplex scanner in the lead ship they are nearly always in the "wrong" location, many km's away from my factories.

I see various options without the radius attack script :-
- remove the scanner from the lead ship (will this help with an advanced satellite in the center of the sector ?)
- don't patrol but just have them docked at one of the factories and manually attack when I need to
- sell the ships and buy an M6 (or will the standard patrol script also have this problem ?)
- I tried changing pirate to Friend on the lead ship but it flips back to foe again

If anyone has the attack radius script I would be grateful, failing that any other tips ?

adetheshades

Re: Script disappeared

Post by adetheshades » Wed, 4. May 11, 08:46

adetheshades wrote:So, I've recently bought X2 (and X3, but first things first) and unfortunately most of the X2 sites seemed to have disappeared (not surprisingly). Does anyone have a copy of this script still
Thanks to Zeron-mk7 in another thread I've been pointed to http://www.4shared.com/dir/2474727/844c ... hreat.html which seems to have it (amongst many others - excellent).

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”