BEAM mod 2.01b(incl.13 c. ships)[UPDATED:21.5.2005]Dloadable

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 14:27

this is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered for me! BEAM WEAPONS WOOT!

err, just one hiccup: I want to work with AEGIS and gunnery crews :cry:

ShadowX, have you gotten the AEGIS/Gunnery and your Beam mod to come to the negotiation table and talk on equal terms?

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 15:37

Beam mod is a mod. AEGIS is a script pack. There's isn't anything that would prevent them from working together, at least it worked fine for me.

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 17:25

reading back on some of the pages, there are mentions that main guns on capships that use crews and/or AEGIS would refuse to fire the turrets, and instead use the main guns only.

Not really capship turret-festy now is it?

SteelRush
x4

Post by SteelRush » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 21:13

xalien wrote:Beam mod is a mod. AEGIS is a script pack. There's isn't anything that would prevent them from working together, at least it worked fine for me.
AEGIS relies heavily upon the default weapon stats. The script uses the refire rates, and weapons hierarchy based on the original stats. Unless those stat scripts in AEGIS are altered for that particular mod, it won't work 100% right.

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Sun, 25. Sep 05, 12:00

Thanks for the replies!

Gunnery crew problem has not been solved. As Steelrush said the stats affect the crew, and the other problem are probably the main guns of capital ships since when I tested crew/AEGIS in the ship I was in it worked fine(me being in the main cockpit).

x2alien:
Do the gunnery crew/AEGIS work fine on AI controlled ships?

RagX:
For the time being it's better not to use gunnery crews.

This problem is very weird since normal combat AI handles beam weapons and main guns without slightest problem... :?

It would be good to have this sorted on the next update but it's very likely that gunnery crew scripts that are meant to be used with non-main gun capital ships just don't work with them.

RagX

Post by RagX » Sun, 25. Sep 05, 20:14

The idea of capships with main guns isnt all that appealing once you think about it. Maybe increasing the turrets meant for anti-capship attacks would fare better with AEGIS and gunnery crews actually, after sorting out the refire rates.

Why not set the refire rates to the original setup, but bullet speeds and beam consistency life stays edited? I'd imagine anti-fighter beams would fire in pulses of beams, trying to correct and re-correct for the wizzy targets, and anti-capship beams would look like massive long beams with small blobs of pulses inside them.

I'm a fan of "broadsides" so bear with me :lol:

*EDIT: Nevermind trying to get to work with AEGIS, I guess having a ship with main guns in the Beam Mod will have to do.

Still, my request for more "broadside" action is still up :lol:

PHOENIX_X
x3

Post by PHOENIX_X » Wed, 28. Sep 05, 02:38

Hi,

I installed the mod but I got only Readtext everywhere. In the startmenu where I select a new game or load, all readtext. I use the german version, can anybody help me?

ALBE2910

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Wed, 28. Sep 05, 16:12

ALBE2910 wrote:Hi,

I installed the mod but I got only Readtext everywhere. In the startmenu where I select a new game or load, all readtext. I use the german version, can anybody help me?

ALBE2910
Hi ALBE2910,

I probably found the error, which is located in the 490001.xml(german text strings) file. EDITED---I can and I will test it myself and this will be fixed in the next update.
Error: some lines have <t> at the end of the line instead of </t>

I'll try to finish the update as soon as I can.

EDIT 2: tested it and it was the reason..will be fixed!

RagX

Post by RagX » Wed, 28. Sep 05, 17:02

Oh btw ShadowX, can you make a non-main guns version for my broad-side-happy self? :D I'd like those guns to be turrets instead, like for the sides :D :lol: If it's not too much trouble.

Else, removal of the main guns will do :P

shakor
x2

Post by shakor » Mon, 23. Jan 06, 16:56

Sorry to drag up an old thread. I have been off X2 for a long time and recently got the urge to play again. This mod looks like it will make X2 the game it should have been so I downloaded it.

Problem: It won't unzip. I have tried winrar, stuffit (old and new versions) and windows xp's own extractor and it says the file type is unknown, the compression type is not recognised or the file is corrupted.

I have downloaded multiple times and get the same each time.

Does anyone know where else I can get the mod pack from? I will also try to get ahold of ShadowX to see about getting the files more direct but any help in the meantime would be great. :wink:

shakor
x2

Post by shakor » Wed, 25. Jan 06, 12:59

Sorry to bump a thread but I would really like this pack and ShadowX has not replied back to me.

Does anyone have it that could email it to me since I still can't get a good download of the file. If anyone can help, PM me please and I will give you my email address. Or if anyone can host it temporeraly so I can DL it that would be great. (Assuming the author doesn't mind) :wink:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 25. Jan 06, 18:40

That's probably because you're using a download accelerator like Flashget or Getright. I've downloaded the file without a problem on the official url :

http://www.sunpoint.net/~shadowX/BEAM2.zip

Anyway, here's a copy i'm hosting.
http://anarkis.fxnetworks.org/downloads/BEAM2.rar

Please don't download it 50 times, and do not use any download accelerator. My bandwidth isn't unlimited, and i'm near limit these times, thanks. Also notice that the file is in .RAR format.
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

shakor
x2

Post by shakor » Wed, 25. Jan 06, 19:35

Serial Kicked wrote:That's probably because you're using a download accelerator like Flashget or Getright. I've downloaded the file without a problem on the official url :

http://www.sunpoint.net/~shadowX/BEAM2.zip

Anyway, here's a copy i'm hosting.
http://anarkis.fxnetworks.org/downloads/BEAM2.rar

Please don't download it 50 times, and do not use any download accelerator. My bandwidth isn't unlimited, and i'm near limit these times, thanks. Also notice that the file is in .RAR format.
No I don't use download managers anymore since I used to get those problems anyway. But you got me thinking that maybe Firefox could be the problem so I used IE to download the file from the official source again. Still no difference though and it won't unzip.

Anyway, your .rar file worked so thankyou very much. :mrgreen:

I now go to dominate the galaxy. :twisted:

Serial Kicked
x3tc

Post by Serial Kicked » Wed, 25. Jan 06, 19:41

Good luck :)
X3:TC/AP Pirate Guild 3 - Yaki Armada 2 - Anarkis Defense System

Anarkis Gaming HQ
Independent Game Development
X3 Scripting and Modding Station

Russell Ellsworth

questions on Beam2.01b, Please

Post by Russell Ellsworth » Fri, 20. Oct 06, 23:43

Please, I tried to unzip this file from shadowX's Mod, But XP extracting didn't get it done. I 'm novice at computer stuff, just a gamer !!!! You folks are the best, any help would be greatly appreciated. :evil:

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Sat, 21. Oct 06, 00:52

I just tried downloading it and didn't have any problems opening it. I'm using linux at the moment, I'll check again when I get home.

in the mean time try using a different program to download it. IE instead of Firefox, etc...

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 16:52

this mod does work on apples, right. . . .
i tried to download it, but it says that it can't open it. . .
help?

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 18:39

What are you using for decompression software? This mod is packed as a standard zip file. Not sure what the default compression/decompression software is for Mac OS these days, but I'm pretty sure SuffIt Expander will handle about any compressed file you can throw at it.

XPirate

Post by XPirate » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 22:59

i use betterzip that earthman recommended for me. . . .

would that work?

baubsmyth
x4

Post by baubsmyth » Sat, 14. Apr 07, 23:40

From what I saw at the "betterzip" website it should, though I'm not the person to ask as I don't personally own or operate a Mac(though I do occasionally work on them). If earthman recommended betterzip, I assume it's because he uses it, which means it should work. I can say that I just downloaded the BEAM Mod again and it decompressed fine for me, so it's not the file.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”