Docking an M6 on your capital ship

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

rustybucket
x3

Docking an M6 on your capital ship

Post by rustybucket » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 14:50

Shadowtech claims to have done it. Does this work?

(see under Ultimate Ship)

This will allow you to dock the Teladi Osprey with your super ship. Imagine 130 Ospreys docked in your Carrier!

Note: DO NOT do a direct exchange from your Carrier to a docked Osprey, launch the Osprey FIRST and THEN transport over.

Also note when you add the Osprey with the Script Editor, choose the second Osprey in the list (you will see what I mean later)

PS I realize this info is ridiculous and I do not use it myself, I was testing ship line abilities and such and that is how I discovered that you can dock M6's with M1's so I figured I would pass the info along.

Read here:
http://www.hrh1000.com/x2shadowtech1.htm

SteelRush
x4

Re: Docking an M6 on your capital ship

Post by SteelRush » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 15:59

rustybucket wrote:Shadowtech claims to have done it. Does this work?

(see under Ultimate Ship)

This will allow you to dock the Teladi Osprey with your super ship. Imagine 130 Ospreys docked in your Carrier!

Note: DO NOT do a direct exchange from your Carrier to a docked Osprey, launch the Osprey FIRST and THEN transport over.

Also note when you add the Osprey with the Script Editor, choose the second Osprey in the list (you will see what I mean later)

PS I realize this info is ridiculous and I do not use it myself, I was testing ship line abilities and such and that is how I discovered that you can dock M6's with M1's so I figured I would pass the info along.

Read here:
http://www.hrh1000.com/x2shadowtech1.htm
I've never tried it in X2, but in XT, I remember setting M2s to being literally docked like fighters, when they would undock, they would just about take out the station, because no docking doors are big enough for them. Half the time, the ship itself would go up.

Now an M6 is much smaller than that, but my best guess is the same thing could happen. Unless those docking doors were made bigger, it just wouldn't be practical.

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 16:39

Look here for some information regarding M6 docking.

I have tried using body no. 370 in many occasions and it works fine with M6 sized objects. And you can easily make even bigger ships to be able to dock externally, probably internally(body no. 370 maybe works with bigger objects but I haven't tried), but these ships cannot have any docking bays of their own.

Here you will find some information for docking capital class ships.

Harlock776
x2

M6 docking

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 16:43

What all this sounds like is someone placing an M6 ship in the game as technically an M3 or smaller class and of course then it looks like an M6 is docking when it really isn't unless you guys have managed to actually get a real M6 class ship to dock with an M1 class ship?

grumman
x3tc

Re: M6 docking

Post by grumman » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 17:13

Harlock776 wrote:What all this sounds like is someone placing an M6 ship in the game as technically an M3 or smaller class and of course then it looks like an M6 is docking when it really isn't unless you guys have managed to actually get a real M6 class ship to dock with an M1 class ship?
Apparently Red Spot's CADS script will let you do this, but I haven't got to the stage where I can test it yet.
Grumman - killjoy extraordinaire

ShadowX
x2

Re: M6 docking

Post by ShadowX » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 17:42

Harlock776 wrote:What all this sounds like is someone placing an M6 ship in the game as technically an M3 or smaller class and of course then it looks like an M6 is docking when it really isn't unless you guys have managed to actually get a real M6 class ship to dock with an M1 class ship?
Yes, the ship is technically M3 or smaller, specifically x2story.obj definition, but you can set it as M6(or larger) from Tships and it will be "M6" in game with the exception of not having any docking bays.

Harlock776
x2

Ok

Post by Harlock776 » Sat, 17. Sep 05, 18:57

Yeah but won't it try to dock at the internal docking ports of stations instead of docking at the the external ports on eq docks or shipyards?

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 01:49

but these ships cannot have any docking bays of their own.

These ships would have no need for docking bays of their own; they would be resupplied by the parent ship. The extra docking bay space would likely be redeployed to enhance manuverability or weapons loads. (making it an extra powerful but short legged M6)

Harlock776
x2

Try this instead

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 03:13

Instead of making an M6 with this idea try this... it's a bigger fighter, better than an M3 but not quite as capable as an M6. Faster than an M3 yes but not as many guns or turrrets as an M6. Kinda like those PT boats the navy uses. They were sort of like small yachts with depth charges on them and two torpedoes to use. Similar fighting capability could be used here... the ship could have two turrets max and only four guns upfront max and one gun to each turret max. It's cargo space could be twice that of an M3 but not as much as an M6. Shielding could be 2x125mw shields max though so you could survive some encounters with the khaaka at a lower cost.

Don't know what to call it besides a mini M6 lol. Only problem is keeping it from docking internally with stations and ships. Also certain playstyles would have to be used like it would have to be remembered by the player not to try and dock this ship to an M2 that doesn't have the docking space for it. The teladi phoenix MKII and split ISD in my mod were pretty much made for a ship of this size intentionally hehe just in case anyone ever figured out the M6 docking thing.

If you know that this idea works and doesn't try to dock with internal docking on anything then give it a go lol it would be great to see an inbetweener in the game:-) Kinda like the mini carrier from deadlyDA's mod or the durango class ship from my mod.

Harlock776
x2

body 370

Post by Harlock776 » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 03:54

Body 370 is using a normally transparent material which is a blue see through texture. Dragged out the modder kit and it doesn't say anything about body 370 but if you replaced the xenon TS with a ship the size of an M6 then you will have problems with it trying to dock internally.

The teladi M1 in my mod has a huge front internal docking bay because it is basically a giant carrier landing bay on the front... I suppose this kind of ship could dock there and maybe on me argon M1 as well but what I was thinkin was that you guys came up with a way to fool the game into letting you replace a TS ship slot with some M6 class but it wouldn't dock a M5 to it but thats fine and it would dock externally at an M2 and externally correctly at a shipyard or warf is that right?

If so then I don't need body 370 I can just use body 535 for external docking as usual but I know I can have both internal and external docking working correctly for a ship like this lol.

I would rather have this kind of ship dock externally but to an M2 that had space for it.

Oh here is what I was thinkin of for this kind of ship...

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/index.php?p ... elscorpion

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 16:24

Only problem is keeping it from docking internally with stations and ships.
That is actually not an issue. To my mind this would play the role of a gunboat; whereas the M6 is a gunship, designed for independent action. The gunboat would be the same size but carry a heavier weapons load then an M6 (think civil war monitor). It would be entirely dependent on its parent ship, hence would not be required/able to dock with most other standard stations and ships. With a full guns compliment it would have zero cargo capacity. You could instruct the ship to dock at a normal station - and, the board of inquiry would later label the resulting mess pilot error. :twisted:

RAider has already done a couple of models that would work nicely. His T-rex and Avrora would fit we just need to change the scale by 150% to make them as large as an m6. How about the Avrora II Gunboat with 4xGPPs + 2x4xGhepts; or a T-Rex II Gunboat with 4xPSGs + 4xGPPs??? :roll: :P

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Sun, 18. Sep 05, 19:10

I've made a script that allows the docking off M6s at M1s .. but it will cost you ..;)

Edit: and it is without an obj. hack ..

G

rustybucket
x3

Post by rustybucket » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 01:51

I've made a script that allows the docking off M6s at M1s .. but it will cost you ..
The holy grail of X2 moddling has always been about hacking three game parameters:

1) Finding a way to add and support additional ships
2) Finding a way to dock M4 and M3s on M6s; and, a way to dock M6 crafts on Capital ships.
3) Finding a way to add additional self targeting gun turrets beyond 6+1 frontal mounts

The guys have accomplished the first; it sounds like we are close on the second, and can the third be far behind?
:wink:

Harlock776
x2

checkertwo is all good

Post by Harlock776 » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 02:37

Well we can dock m4 m3 tp ts ships to M6 and M2 now thanks to the onject hack and as long as the alt m6 doesn't try to dock internally then it's all good but why would you want to make it a bigger m6? The default M6 class can already carry some useful assortment of weapons and if you want to get more powerful just buy a split M2 it basically is an overpowered M6. A mini M6 makes a bit more sense because it can't be docked with for smaller ships and that makes it some sort of superfighter/somewhat M6 ish hehe.

Red Spot
x3

Post by Red Spot » Mon, 19. Sep 05, 14:43

I know abourt the obj. hack .. to enable M4/3 docking on M6s .. but you cant hack it the same for docking M6s on M1s (or any thing else) ..

but you can script it so ..

G

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”