Piercing weapon

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Piercing weapon

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 11. Jul 05, 21:55

I was pondering the other day, the dynamics of the PSG weapons. What if, instead of the wide expanding wave... the models were changed to be something like the Khaak beams. (The models ofthe weapon, not the actual beam dynamics.) I theorize, that this would produce a weapon that passes through its target... doing 'pierce damage'. These "Beam Cannons" would be interesting to use in a fight at the least.

Any thoughts?

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Mon, 11. Jul 05, 22:28

Sounds crazy! Why don't you try it? Just change the body of the PSG bullet to the Khaak beam object!
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

AdmiralTigerclaw
x4

Post by AdmiralTigerclaw » Mon, 11. Jul 05, 22:40

The R&D office (E Drive) is currently inoperative at the moment. So only the theorists can really chatter here at Satyrntron Systems.

Leviathan
x3

Post by Leviathan » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 18:27

Changing the body of the the PSG bullet to the beta Kyon beam results in a weird effect. The bullet isn't stretched to resemble a beam and it expands while moving.
Also it doesn't seem to damage anything. :shock:
Wir kommen aus dem Nichts,
wir werden zu Nichts,
also was haben wir zu verlieren?
Nichts!

-Monty Python-

ShadowX
x2

Post by ShadowX » Tue, 12. Jul 05, 22:19

I have conducted several tests with various bullet types some time ago, but it seems that the usefulness of "expander"(bullet type 8 ) is very limited. You can create fancy effects like for example if you use projectile weapon body with bt 8 you get a flamer like weapon, with no damage of course.

I guess bodies for bt 8(PSG ones) must have something different in them to inflict damage since the whole body is modified while firing.

Bullet type 2(beam weps) is not as restricted as bt 8 because it only strecthes the body as long as defined by the bullet speed(or if target is in range). I guess there is no upper limit to what the body can be stretched to but there is a lower limit - if the body is very long and you're firing from very close range, it just passes thru without damage.

As for bt 8, it doesn't seem to have maximum size so you could just add a lot more lifetime to psg and try to fire. It grows very large and requires quite a bit cpu power but looks nice and I guess, is very effective weapon. A true cloud of death.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that there are more bullet types than those used ones, I have tried various numbers between 0 and 100 but they're mostly same ones that are currently used in game. But who knows, maybe some of them have different properties :idea:

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”