New Trailer...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:33

Horrid quality but here...

[ external image ]

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:39

I also found it a bit weird why there was just one long section of the teladi m2 in the build section of the trailer, i mean id expect to see stations being built or TL ships transporting a station or the tug doing somit with a station, whats a m2 got to do with building lol :?

Sirilius
x4

Post by Sirilius » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:39

jesus christ.. i want the game now...

I really want pics of the argon m1 and m2 :) Damn. Such pretty ships deserver to be commanded me ^_^.

Really really really no wait extremely impress by the vast improvements from X2. I bet I could sit around all day just staring at the visual. I hope all the capital ships are that pretty.

jaguarskx
x3

Post by jaguarskx » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:40

BurnIt! wrote:Stay tuned for the high quality version in our own download section... soon :)

Making a trailer takes so much time, the explosions you complain about are long outdated already and do of course look much better now.

That's good to know because movement in the trailer seems a bit choppy to me. So hopefully that was long before the game engine was optimized.

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:49

i like the sounds personally. finally some good heavy laser/explosion sounds
hmm, I didnt mention the sounds!

Good to hear its all changed already, I knew you wouldnt let us down on something little like that ;)

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:58

Jerky movement probably comes from the video itself, as the source material plays absolutely smooth.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Sun, 21. Aug 05, 23:59

BurnIt! wrote:Jerky movement probably comes from the video itself, as the source material plays absolutely smooth.
Yes... It's been rendered and rerendered several times...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:09

I wounder if using FRAPS to record a ingame session would be better ;)

No scripted trailers :)

Drainy
x3tc

Post by Drainy » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:12

FRAPS in X2 made the fps drop horribly unless you had some sort of godlike pc or turned the graphics settings down.
Neither of which is probably recommended for a new release game wanting a trailer :)

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:17

Skeeter wrote:I wounder if using FRAPS to record a ingame session would be better ;)

It's got nothing to do with the way it was recorded...

Tenlar Scarflame
xr

Post by Tenlar Scarflame » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:19

odd, it wasn't any jerkier than .wmv's usually are on my end. :?
My music - Von Neumann's Children - Lasers and Tactics

I'm on Twitch! 21:15 EST Sundays. Come watch me die a lot.

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by BurnIt! » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:22

By source-material I meant the HQ video btw ;)
So if the small video is jerky for you it might be a player or encoding issue - the game, as well as the video that was recorded from the game play smooth.
BurnIt!
In der Ruhe liegt die Kraft. / In peace lies strength.

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:23

silentWitness wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I wounder if using FRAPS to record a ingame session would be better ;)

It's got nothing to do with the way it was recorded...
I wasn't refering to the quality of this trailer, just thought a nice ingame session with fraps would be cool as a trailer if they did one.

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:25

BurnIt! wrote:By source-material I meant the HQ video btw ;)
So if the small video is jerky for you it might be a player or encoding issue - the game, as well as the video that was recorded from the game play smooth.
This is correct... It's the video not the source!!!

silentWitness
x3tc

Post by silentWitness » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:27

Skeeter wrote:I wasn't refering to the quality of this trailer, just thought a nice ingame session with fraps would be cool as a trailer if they did one.
Why use Fraps??? They have tools for doing this far better than Fraps ever could!!!

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:33

silentWitness wrote:
Skeeter wrote:I wasn't refering to the quality of this trailer, just thought a nice ingame session with fraps would be cool as a trailer if they did one.
Why use Fraps??? They have tools for doing this far better than Fraps ever could!!!
I only say fraps as thats the only thing i know that can record ingame stuff.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 00:36

Thank you Silent Witness for this link. It was a very nice surprise and made me smile :)

Sooooo, can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it can I have it? Pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeee.

Thanks again SW! And a Big thanks to the EGO team to keeping me on the edge of my seat for the last 5 years or so. Keep em coming :thumb_up:
I sure do like biscuits

thrangar
x4

Post by thrangar » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 01:42

Thanks SW for the link

Still nothing on the Trade,build aspec...oh never mind :x

Cheers/Thrangar

MGA
x2

Re: New Trailer...

Post by MGA » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 09:20

silentWitness wrote:But as I said... When do we get the official download???
Not sure. Although I love the music in this trailer, the way the Teladi ships fight and the rest.
A new rig is in my hands now if only there was time...

Skeeter
x3

Post by Skeeter » Mon, 22. Aug 05, 11:50

I noticed that at the end its got that red planet and egosoft logo and that at end and for me planet looked narrow and squished up. I clicked on that the video is 16:9 aspect and my WMP was running it at default 4:3 aspect resolution. So i use my divx player and used the set aspect ration option to 16:9 widescreen and the trailer looked alot better.

Incase anyone else noticed at end the planet is squished up narrow like, i would say use a video player that u can force the aspect to 16:9 ratio.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”