NEWS: Steam Summer Sale! [UPDATED 17 Aug 11]

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Toastie
x3tc

NEWS: Steam Summer Sale! [UPDATED 17 Aug 11]

Post by Toastie » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 22:45

X3: Terran Conflict is featuring in Steam's Summer sale NOW. By unlocking special Steam Achievements in many different games you can win exclusive Terran Conflict Downloadable Content (DLC). More info is available here.

17 Aug 2011

Update 3.1.1 released for the non-Steam versions of X3TC to bring savegame compatibility in line with the Steam version, which was updated with content especially for the Steam Summer Sale.
Last edited by Toastie on Wed, 17. Aug 11, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:21

DLC?? Will this content be made available to those who do not wish to use Steam?

Toastie
x3tc

Post by Toastie » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:25

Clearly since it's part of the Steam Summer Sale you will need to use Steam to participate. If you don't use Steam and want to participate you can register your DVD game with Steam. If you don't wish to register your DVD game with Steam then you won't be able to participate.

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:29

Toastie wrote: If you don't wish to register your DVD game with Steam then you won't be able to participate.
In that case, I won't get that DLC - don't care much.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:36

Its a rocky road, DLC only available through Steam. Think I may also pass.

pgllrdp
x4

Post by pgllrdp » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:46

It's only a extra sector 200+ is enough for me :)
I hope this is a one time only steam thing I prefer my X content free.

Starlight_Corporation
x4

Post by Starlight_Corporation » Thu, 30. Jun 11, 23:55

As I got Steam already, i'm trying for it, withotu doing any purchases. From what I get it's a single sector, nice to have, but not worth spending money on as the modcommunity has some very shiny ones.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 00:10

This kind of content used to be available to all directly via Ego though. I sincerely hope DLC through Steam is not the future intended path, which it would appear to be.

Perhaps I am being paranoid about it, but it looks like testing the water for future DLC, and DLC is rarely free.

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 00:44

I'm guessing that this is a Valve/Steam originated promotion, & Egosoft either gets a direct benefit for letting them offer Steam-only content, or is obligated to do so by the contract letting them sell their product through Steam (or both).

Either way I don't see sufficient reason to be upset with Egosoft over it.

Neither do I think it constitutes sufficient evidence to extrapolate Egosofts "future intended path" or anything, except insofar as it suggests that Egosoft see maintaining their association with Steam as being a net benefit to them.

killerog
x4

Post by killerog » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 01:02

Indeed this should not be taking as a sign Egosoft are going down the payed DLC route, it is a bit of fun with steam and valve to give some players something to do. Same as with the portal potato thing.

Darrosquall
x4

Post by Darrosquall » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 01:09

Cpt.Jericho wrote: In that case, I won't get that DLC - don't care much.

I'm crying for this. Steam will fail. Sure.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 01:19

Ah I take it X-Rebirth will be a Steam only release then.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 01:31

shireknight wrote:Ah I take it X-Rebirth will be a Steam only release then.
Flawed logic is flawed.

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 01:33

Flawed logic is flawed.
Deductive reasoning is a powerful tool.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

softweir
xr

Post by softweir » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 02:09

shireknight wrote:
Flawed logic is flawed.
Deductive reasoning is a powerful tool.
Steam is running a summer special. Developers provide special challenges that gamers can aim to complete, and trivial extra content as prizes for gamers who complete several challenges in several games. It's a way to get gamers who have some games to buy new games they wouldn't normally look at, and a way to reward gamers who already have several of games from different genres.

So: it's just a marketing idea, not a prelude to a new marketing strategy.

In any case, do you remember the title of the annoucement thread? It was "Egosoft and Deepsiler announce X Rebirth". Deepsilver are the publishers of all the X games so far. Deepsilver don't do Steam-only.

If Rebirth was going to be a Steam-only release, then the announcement thread would have been headed "Egosoft and Steam announce"...

Deductive reasoning is a powerful tool, but it requires much better logic and reference to available information to back it up. Without those, it ain't deductive reasoning. It's something very different.
My new fave game (while waiting for Rebirth) - Kerbal Space Program

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 02:42

Hmm...

Code: Select all

harmony_of_perpetuity.xml
x="14" y="4"

Osiris454
x3tc

Post by Osiris454 » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 02:48

Aro wrote:Hmm...

x="14" y="4"
Don't you mean 'Homily of Perpetuity'?

Dom Devore
x3tc

Post by Dom Devore » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 03:04

So, the new achievement that is tied in with the sale is:

A Sunny Place
Discover a sunny, newly discovered sector in X3: Terran Conflict. Hazardous solar storms force explorers to evacuate, but is the promise of untouched resources too much to resist

Has anyone located it yet?

calmterror
x3tc

Post by calmterror » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 03:08

so what achievements are needed to be complete and how the heck do you complete them? I actually turned off modified just to try and get an achievement, but it did not show I got it. this it alot of rigamarole for single sector or does ti come with a mission too? Why do I get the idea only like 2% of the people who play this game actually could even get this? Why isnt it just a normal DLC?

JAFA_NZ
x3tc

Post by JAFA_NZ » Fri, 1. Jul 11, 03:10

@Osiris454:
Osiris454 wrote:
Aro wrote:Hmm...

x="14" y="4"
Don't you mean 'Homily of Perpetuity'?
"Homily of Perpetuity" is (by my count) @ 11,8

"Heretic's End" is (by my count) @ 13,4

"Elysium of Light" is (by my count) @ 14,5

therefore a "Harmony of Perpetuity" could readily be added to the Galaxy 'physically' east of Heretics & north of Elysium, without in any way defining where the gates would connect (personally if I was adding a Teladi sector named Harmony, I'd be linking it Vestibule of Creation, Gaian star, Loomanckstrat's, & Veil of Delusion).

@Dom Devore: Wait, what? I thought you had to accumulate the achievements to unlock the "A Sunny Place" content...

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”