X-TC Valkyrie

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cheggs
x4

X-TC Valkyrie

Post by cheggs » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:24

How can I get one? :gruebel:
I'm heck bent on playing vanilla so scripting isn't an option.

I just love the Valkyrie's look so any info is very welcome.

Catra

Post by Catra » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:36

well, you killed your only way of getting one then. =]

Matticus88
x4

Post by Matticus88 » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:37

I don't think its possible. You can't board it since its only a M5 and Terran/ATF Pilots don't bail as far as i know. could be wrong though.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 4. May 10, 22:57

ATF fighterpilots doesn't bail, so if you're totally against scripting or mods you can't have one.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 5. May 10, 16:14

If you have an old DVD version of the game and are willing to start a new game then it's possible.

1. Reinstall, but don't patch.

2. Start a new game and board an ATF M2 with the ships you want docked in it.

3. ??? (I'm not sure what to do here, perhaps someone else can tell you what to do)

4. Enjoy your new ships. (This is not a joke, I'm pretty sure it can be done. Egosoft removed this exploit in one of the patches which is why you need the DVD version of the game to do it)

:)
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Wed, 5. May 10, 16:18

Seems considerably less cheatish to use a mod, tbfh ...

I don't understand people's attachment to vanilla, its unhealthy. :sceptic:
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 5. May 10, 16:49

It provides more of a challenge and you can get tech support. :)
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair

creidiki
xr

Post by creidiki » Wed, 5. May 10, 17:07

No argument on tech support, but you can take the challenge level way, way up ... for example, boarding an M2 in a core sector in vanilla vs. MARS installed on NPCs + MBRR ...

In any case, its the only real way to get the ship, ne?
I am not as think as you drunk I am.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 5. May 10, 17:53

Yeah but then you also have many other scripts that make the game easier (I'm not talking about cheat ones, just ones that make management easier).

I'm a strict vanilla player and only XTC will make me go modified :D

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Wed, 5. May 10, 22:07

So, the Fleet Fest Arena doesn't produce a ***modified*** tag? ;)
I think, it's up to you which scripts you run. Right now I play mostly Vanilla, but just because I haven't found a script interesting so far.
But back to topic: If you don't want a ***modified*** you can't have a Valkyrie. Face the facts.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. May 10, 22:19

Technojerk36 wrote:Yeah but then you also have many other scripts that make the game easier ...
Which is irrelevant since they aren't all bundled together in one big mod as an all or nothing installation. It just takes a tiny bit of self control not to download and install 'easy' scripts. :P
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Wed, 5. May 10, 23:24

Cpt.Jericho wrote:So, the Fleet Fest Arena doesn't produce a ***modified*** tag? ;)
I think, it's up to you which scripts you run. Right now I play mostly Vanilla, but just because I haven't found a script interesting so far.
But back to topic: If you don't want a ***modified*** you can't have a Valkyrie. Face the facts.
No, in fact it doesn't. The pure awesomeness of such a competition just overpowers the modified tag and melts it in a blinding ray of white light. :P
Nanook wrote:
Technojerk36 wrote:Yeah but then you also have many other scripts that make the game easier ...
Which is irrelevant since they aren't all bundled together in one big mod as an all or nothing installation. It just takes a tiny bit of self control not to download and install 'easy' scripts. :P
Self control....

Seeelllfff coonnnntrrrooolll...

No comprendo senor :D

Although, I have to admit that I'm no longer vanilla. I started a new game where I could only use Terran/ATF ships. I decided it would be way too hard using only USC ships so I installed the ATF shipyard script.

I regretted going modified after seeing that orange tag, but there was no way of going back and I wasn't about to start a new game :P

@OP

Things that have/will make me go modified:
XTC
ATF shipyard script.

I suggest trying the ATF shipyard out, even I was hellbent on playing vanilla but eventually, I succumbed to the dark side.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Wed, 5. May 10, 23:30

Technojerk36 wrote:...
Although, I have to admit that I'm no longer vanilla. I started a new game where I could only use Terran/ATF ships. I decided it would be way too hard using only USC ships so I installed the ATF shipyard script.
OTOH, I'm also playing a Terran only game, and am doing quite well without ATF ships. Self control, young padawan, self control. :P :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Dantrithor
x3tc

Post by Dantrithor » Wed, 5. May 10, 23:45

Terran ships have proven good enough in my game to avoid using ATF ones -yet- (Although i want an ATF defence force ill have to borrow for local protection later..). So you can live without mods...

... says the guy who had to install CODEA to be able to do any kind of carrier ops >.<

Cpt.Jericho
x3tc

Post by Cpt.Jericho » Thu, 6. May 10, 00:35

In my expirience it doesn't matter much what ship you use - let's face it: The AI is too stupid to out-manouver and if they get me I've usually been doing something real dumb.
Terran ships are fine, USC as well as ATF, but I could live without both if it came to that.
The only ship irreplacable I ever had was the Springblossom a few patches ago, when the Goner plot wasn't as smooth as it is now, when speed + firepower were of the essence.
Winner of 350 Mil class of X-Verse Fleet Fest Italiano
Boycotting Steam since 2003

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”