How many copies you getting of TC?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

How many copies of X3 Terran Conflict have you ordered?

65%
15%
3+
1%
I'm special
18%

Total votes: 92

pixel
x3tc

How many copies you getting of TC?

Post by pixel » Wed, 15. Oct 08, 23:53

yes another poll. But this question interests me as I have x-btf, x-gold, 2 copies of X2, 2 copies of X3 and now 2 copies of X3TC

why? Because for X2 I ordered the us version which came out weeks earlier and for x3 and x3tc I want a copy to play on my dads pc when I visit and he's gone to bed :) (and I got annoyed having to wait till saturday for steam to unlock, so I went next day delivery with amazon)

so, what about you lot?
"I find your lack of belief in the Three Dimensionality disturbing." Mercenary

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Red wine...the only way to frag

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Wed, 15. Oct 08, 23:56

Only one, but I'm getting my third copy of Farnham's Legend with it...
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:02

Rapier wrote:Only one, but I'm getting my third copy of Farnham's Legend with it...
:thumb_up: excellent book :D

quite proud of my copy :wink:

"So getting this chick back is more than just getting a chick back. It's the concrete manifestation of an abstract policy goal. And we like concrete - right, Vic?"

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:10

I'm getting one copy, just like i did with X3, X2 and almost every other game i've ever owned.

Technically i do own more then one copy of XBTF but that's becauase the only was i could get a copy of Xtension was in a bundle with XBTF

You know we've had an 'Xtension' and even 'Xtended' (in a mod) but i've always felt a little robbed that we never seemed to get the obvious 'Xpansion'.

Battlerat
x3tc

Post by Battlerat » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:20

One copy per game is enough for me.. Got the previous X's on my shelf.

You know we've had an 'Xtension' and even 'Xtended' (in a mod) but i've always felt a little robbed that we never seemed to get the obvious 'Xpansion'.
:lol: I've got some similar of offers too time to time to my email. But I guess we just have to work on it ourselves.

Hob Anagerik
x3tc

Post by Hob Anagerik » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:22

I voted 1 but then afterwards I thought I should really buy a second copy. I can then post that through the doors of Frontier Developments on Friday morning as inspiration for Elite 4.
:lol:
Windows 7 Pro x64, Intel i7 975, 12GB Corsair Dominator, Asus P6T6 WS Revolution, C.Labs X-Fi Fatal1ty, EVGA Nvidia 3GB 780 Ti, 2x 240GB Intel 520 SSD

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:28

pixel wrote:quite proud of my copy :wink:
Ditto. I've kept the one for helping with the translation in pristine condition and only read the one I got with the game. Not really sure what I'm going to do with a third copy, but for two euros...
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 00:39

Rapier wrote:
pixel wrote:quite proud of my copy :wink:
Ditto. I've kept the one for helping with the translation in pristine condition and only read the one I got with the game. Not really sure what I'm going to do with a third copy, but for two euros...
good idea keeping the one for helping with the translation pristine, I should have thought of that :gruebel: :)

gsheriston
x3tc

Post by gsheriston » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 01:28

Glad to hear Farnham's Legend is a good book... I'll get my first copy when my one-and-only copy of TC arrives direct from Egosoft. Yes, it's more expensive than Play, but I've spent more time playing the X series (all of them) than just about any other game I own. Figured I owed it to Egosoft to give them the extra support, to say thank you for leaving me all alone in a hostile universe back in the early minutes of X-BTF and with my jaw dropping in wonder the first time I jumped into Menelaus' Frontier and saw that Boron Trading station rotating in the distance...

Thank you, Egosoft! :)

shireknight
x3tc

Post by shireknight » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 02:38

2 Iv'e hedged my bets by pre-ordering from both Amazon and Play.com. If by some freak chance neither copy arrives by Friday then I will drive into town and buy one but If I have to do this I will return whichever one arrives last along with a note saying "sorry don't want it because you took too long"

By hook or by crook I will be playing TC on Friday dagnabbit.
My (new) PC:-

Intel® Core™ i7-4770 processor (3.4 GHz, 8 MB cache)
Microsoft Windows 10
16 GB DDR3 Ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDR5

g04tn4d0
x4

Post by g04tn4d0 » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 02:57

I have one copy of X2, two copies of X3R (CD and DVD), and I will eventually have two copies of X3TC.

ryeeson
x4

Post by ryeeson » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 04:01

Frak....... what the hell is "i'm special" ??? :? :? :?

you know.. everyone is special.

Galaxy613
x4

Post by Galaxy613 » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 05:51

I assume it means you won't be buying a copy, which is why I voted that.
10,000 Lightyears of awesomeness

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 06:15

And why would you not be getting a copy?

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 06:18

Most likely Seam - it is not technically a "copy".. A datafile, yes.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 06:20

Why do people have problems with Steam?
What is so "wrong" about it?
Sheesh
Anyway, I'm special but I'm getting atleast one copy. From Steam.
Like I did with X2TT and X3R. No problems so far.

nightspore333
x3tc

Post by nightspore333 » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 07:55

One copy so far - ordered from Egosoft, along with the Farnham's book.

But since Ego will take 5 to 7 business days to ship to the US, I may well order a Steam copy tomorrow so I don't have to wait another whole week to play :D

pixel
x3tc

Post by pixel » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 10:16

there was supposed to be a '0' option, but it did not pull through to the poll, and I am unable to add it now. The 'I'm special' option is supposed to just be a fun option.

Apologies.

kin-row
x4

Post by kin-row » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 11:47

1 for me ... and 15 for Ebay in a year or 10 hehe

drakend

Post by drakend » Thu, 16. Oct 08, 15:06

supakillaii wrote:Why do people have problems with Steam?
What is so "wrong" about it?
Sheesh
Anyway, I'm special but I'm getting atleast one copy. From Steam.
Like I did with X2TT and X3R. No problems so far.
The problem with Steam is that you need to be online to play the game so if you're offline for some reason no Internet no party. Besides if Steam closes I lose ALL of the games I buyed with it, not to mention I can't resell a played game unless I want to sell my entire Steam account. Not to mention that the Steam version has the TAGES copyprotection anyway, so I wouldn't be saved from that useless thing even with Steam. So don't sheesh about people who use their own brain and don't like to have their rights walked upon even for a game. :roll:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”