:X3: Online Complex Calculator version 2.5.5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 17:39

@Hellfire29 - that version of the calculator is maintained by someone else, but the result is the same as mine. If you choose an 'end product', it means you want to use it for personal use, not to resell. I realize it may not be clear, but instructions are in the opening post of the thread.

@noone123 - The calculations already are based on per cycle numbers. Could you provide a specific example of a factory/complex that is not matching up?
8^)

Online Complex Calculators - X3:TC • X3:R • X2
Online Ship Compurator - X3:TC

noone123
xr

Post by noone123 » Mon, 26. Apr 10, 23:45

My shield complex The meatsteak cahoonas are way off on used thing since the 2gj shields requires around 2560 meatsteaks per cycle.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 00:00

noone123 wrote:The meatsteak cahoonas are way off on used thing since the 2gj shields requires around 2560 meatsteaks per cycle.
I wouldn't describe it as "way off", since it's a totally different value.

Why do you want the per-cycle value anyway, out of interest? Cycle times won't match up between the various fab types, so it's not particularly meaningful for checking inputs/outputs.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 03:42

noone123 wrote:The meatsteak cahoonas are way off on used thing since the 2gj shields requires around 2560 meatsteaks per cycle.
Yes, but you have 3 Argon factories consuming the meatsteaks:

Argon 1MJ shield, 260 meatsteaks every 1,560 seconds (26 minutes)
Argon 2GJ shield, 2560 meatsteaks every 15,360 seconds (256 minutes)
Argon Crystal Fab M, 160 meatsteaks every 480 seconds (8 minutes)

Both 'S' factories use 10 meatsteaks every minute, but the M factory uses 20 per minute. That's a total of 40 meatsteaks used per minute, or 2,400 per hour.
8^)

noone123
xr

Post by noone123 » Tue, 27. Apr 10, 04:21

em3e3 wrote:
Yes, but you have 3 Argon factories consuming the meatsteaks:

Argon 1MJ shield, 260 meatsteaks every 1,560 seconds (26 minutes)
Argon 2GJ shield, 2560 meatsteaks every 15,360 seconds (256 minutes)
Argon Crystal Fab M, 160 meatsteaks every 480 seconds (8 minutes)

Both 'S' factories use 10 meatsteaks every minute, but the M factory uses 20 per minute. That's a total of 40 meatsteaks used per minute, or 2,400 per hour.
Yeah, you are right. I didn't understand the calculations when I was trying to build it at first since I tried building that complex with minimal amount of food. looks like just 1 bakery didn't cut it. I just recenetly added a crystal L fab and another ranch/bakery combo. I was wanting the per cycle info so I can calculate what I need to keep things operational without lacking resources much. I don't mind the 2gj being on wait until all the others are done.

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 12. May 10, 06:29

Would it be possible to add in all the Terran stations? I noticed a number of them are missing (most likely since they are not available in vanilla)?
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 13. May 10, 19:08

StormMagi wrote:Would it be possible to add in all the Terran stations? I noticed a number of them are missing (most likely since they are not available in vanilla)?
That's the main reason I hadn't put them in yet. I'm seriously considering implementing some sort of options/preferences on the page, to allow users to turn on support for mods and factories not available in a non-mod game.
8^)

StormMagi
x4

Post by StormMagi » Wed, 19. May 10, 10:49

That would be awesome!
MOD XR Show Skills

Flying spaceships since 1993.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 01:46

Hi everyone, still alive, but RL has prevented me from making any updates. We've had two patches in the meantime, and I'm curious if anyone has noticed changes to factory productions.
8^)

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Thu, 22. Jul 10, 16:21

Hi
rohrbecka has made all a series of modifications in the database, accordingly to the changes of the differrent patches (see his thread ). He might help you with those data.
Benutzer in diesem Forum: Keine

Zaixionito
x4

Post by Zaixionito » Mon, 26. Jul 10, 20:02

em3e3 wrote:Hi everyone, still alive, but RL has prevented me from making any updates. We've had two patches in the meantime, and I'm curious if anyone has noticed changes to factory productions.
I haven't been using it since today, but I wanted to say the usual "Love it, thanks, thanks, thanks." Very useful, since my computer can't handle a massive amount of complexes, so I use cheat scripts to add the products, subtract the money (Somewhat higher than normal) and save a massive amount of FPS. :D

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Tue, 10. Aug 10, 22:31

can u allow the use of 'end product' for any produced wares?

for example:
in the basic argon food complex
- 1 L cahoona bakery, 1 L cattle ranch, 1 complex kit

u need to purchase energy and can produce either cattle or cahoona's produced

if the end product option could be used here, it would bypass the need for players to calculate the cost price per unit for the wares they r selling (to make sure they r making a profit)

simplifying lives a great deal.
great tool, many thanx

Laden Swallow
x3tc

Post by Laden Swallow » Wed, 11. Aug 10, 00:41

borgrel wrote:can u allow the use of 'end product' for any produced wares?

for example:
in the basic argon food complex
- 1 L cahoona bakery, 1 L cattle ranch, 1 complex kit

u need to purchase energy and can produce either cattle or cahoona's produced

if the end product option could be used here, it would bypass the need for players to calculate the cost price per unit for the wares they r selling (to make sure they r making a profit)

simplifying lives a great deal.
great tool, many thanx
As I understand it, the 'end product' option means, I wish to hoard this particular product, and only sell other products. So such a complex with cahoonas selected as an end product will show only a cash drain, and with argnu beef selected it would create serious problems (how does the bakery get any beef!).

To solve your problem, you could temporarily delete the line corresponding to the cahoona bakery, this will allow you to price the cattle ranch so it will make a profit itself.

Alternatively, leaving the cahoona bakery line in will tell you how to price the cahoonas and still turn a profit for a given price of energy cells.

The 'leak' tick boxes mean that you will buy all the resources (including intermediates) for all factories at the indicated prices from some other source, and sell all the products (including intermediates) for the price indicated. It is possible to manually override the price if you edit the 'permanent' web address field and paste the edited version into your 'goto' field in your browser.

borgrel

Post by borgrel » Fri, 13. Aug 10, 02:37

em3e3 wrote:And finally, the 'End Product' section. Certain wares, like weapons, shields, and missiles, can be sold to the NPC Equipment Docks, but also are used in the player's ships. By selecting one of the displayed end products, you are shown how the cost of the complex compares to just buying the product outright from NPC factories, at the 'Buy' price you have entered
that doesnt seem to be what that means @ laden swallow

Shade1982

Post by Shade1982 » Fri, 3. Sep 10, 10:57

Hey all,

I like the offline stand-alone version of the complex calculator. I have just one question though.

Is it possible to add compatibility for the Xtended Mod for X3R? I know it's impossible to do this with mods, since there are so many around, but i know some have done this for Ashley's XXL Fab mod. And since the Xtended Mod is also a very large and known mod for X3R, I was hoping it would be implemented as well. It has some new factories too, like the military shield production factories.

hartza76
x4

Post by hartza76 » Sun, 12. Sep 10, 16:30

question i have Vista 64bit and firefox3.6.8/IE8.0 in use.

i cant see "end product" at all the tick for: endproduct: none:0 is selected
but i cant select any other products or there never are any.

ie im trying to do "smallish" crystal complexes all over x3 unversum for Hub plot.

it doent give any way to put Crystals as end product. been using this tool for testing purpose and comparing results to Xadrian(gives the best results but i like the online calculators brake even and stuff) and Complexconstruction Kit what is bit borking too on the end product stuff.

edit: tested after this i just tossed ammuniton factory to online calculator it give right away possibility to select ammos as end product.
But not in factory complex loop wich has 10x crystal L, 10 cahoona L, 10 beef L, and mines for silicon 2x nessery SPP's

on that case i cant select any of the producst as end product-->
i i would want the Crystals as them.
Offcouse i can see how much is overproducest and stuff but still :P
If a girl seems as shy as a mouse, you still have to look out for the tiger within her.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Fri, 17. Sep 10, 22:37

The 'End Product' selector was implemented as a way to see if making weapons and/or ammo was more cost effective than buying them from the NPC factories. As such, it only works for weapons, shields, and ammo.

@Shade1982 - each mod has it's own set of data files, and it's pretty simple to export the data for the complex calculator - it's just a matter of when.
8^)

Litcube
xr

Post by Litcube » Wed, 10. Nov 10, 20:03

Missing water purification plant.

em3e3
x3tc

Post by em3e3 » Thu, 11. Nov 10, 21:00

Yep, I haven't played TC in a few months, and need to pull in the changes. In fact, I'm going to make a modification to the calculator to allow different versions of TC to be selected, along with mods.
8^)

Pirate hater
x2

Post by Pirate hater » Mon, 20. Dec 10, 15:37

A minor error.

In Antigone Memorial it has only 1 90Y ore roid and 1 61Y silicon roid when there are two of both.

Apart from that its a wonderful complex calculator.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”