To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mrbadger
x3tc

Post by mrbadger » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 23:20

goatman455 wrote:This is a great response, I am def. going to try this soon, do you have any good X3 tips?
Since he posted this six months ago, I doubt it.....
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli

Tolan69

Post by Tolan69 » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 02:00

This probably got asked somewhere in this thread, but I stopped after page 8. How do you sell your stuff with stations? I always get "Goods are not bought"....and does the "selling of wares" pertain to engine extentions and shields as well? While being at a "Free Trading Station", I'd have thought that I could sell them my engines....but no dice. :shock: Thanks in advance!

sorry for bringing back a dead thread

Drool
x2

Post by Drool » Sun, 10. Sep 06, 21:35

Great just what us begginners need

LadybugX

damn.. too late

Post by LadybugX » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 16:25

why didnt i check this before starting, bummer.. i may do something about it now. iv passed the brennans triumph and im trading my way around the system for an M4 ship... its taking too long, should i just strip both ships??/

Tolan69

Post by Tolan69 » Mon, 11. Sep 06, 20:35

I had a save at around 7hrs and I was at around 20hrs of game time...went back to the old save, and I have more CRs now (to buy the Mako) than I had with my later save. I can get it completely decked out and still have CRs left!

demontrace

How to strip the TP?

Post by demontrace » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 18:55

I'm fairly new to the X-Universe, and I'm playing X2 so I won't spoil myself with X3 first, and not want to play X2.

Problem I'm having, is this game says you can strip the TP you get from Elena, before you return it to her, for parts, that you can sell for money.
I'm afraid I have no idea how to do this. I'm actually not gonna play X2 anymore due to numerous restarts trying to have the best beginning possible. Please help me so I can play this game again.

I love this game. I've been a fan of space sims since I was a kid. I wanna strip that ship, and make a bunch of money, then hopefully get a station set up soon.

If this topic is too dead, I'll try starting up a new one to address that question. Thanks.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 19:03

Assuming you're in a station with both of the ships (yours and the TP), you can strip it two ways. First is by transfering the equipment to your ship, via the 'freight exchange option'. You get this option by accessing the ship you want to trade with under the 'landed ships' option in the station menu. Then it's simply a matter of using the arrow keys to transfer equipment back and forth. The second way is to simply sell the gear to the station (assuming you're in Terracorp HQ). Note that you cannot sell upgrades of any kind. Upgrade modules can only be transferred to another ship.

Hope this helps you to keep playing X2. :D
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

demontrace

Post by demontrace » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 19:57

I'm confused how you made all the money then? I mean the TP ship only has upgrades that I can tell. The Cargo Space, Engine Upgrades, Rudder, SETA, Boost, and I can't remember what else. I figured you made all your money from somehow selling Cargo Space and whatever else you could get your hands on.

I'll try checking this out all the same. Also I tried selling in Terracorp HQ, and didn't have any luck selling anything off the ship.

I can do trading runs with the ship, but I don't think that's what you meant by the whole part of stripping the ship, heh.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 20:06

The TP has two 25MW shields and a small weapon. What you can't sell at TerraCorp HQ can be sold at the equipment dock in Argon Prime (although I'm pretty sure THQ will buy them all). If you can't carry these items in your current ship, tell the TP to fly to and dock at the EqDock in Argon Prime, sell the equipment, then fly it back. But you need to do this before contacting Elena Kho. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

demontrace

Post by demontrace » Tue, 3. Oct 06, 21:26

Oh, okay, i got ya. Thank you so much for the added help for a slow newb like myself. I'll try to return the favor to others that ask for help, once I learn the answers.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, I hadn't meant I wasn't gonna play X2 ever again, I love the game too much for that; I just meant I wasn't gonna keep playing over and over again till I found out what you meant. This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Can't wait for X3. Strange having a game that I won't play till I beat the previous game.

Carl Sumner
x4

Post by Carl Sumner » Wed, 4. Oct 06, 06:04

You are not really supposed to make the "best" start. Just do what you want and keep truckin'. :)

A lot of things in the game have a big random factor, and things change depending on your relations to others and what you do yourself. Everyones game is different after the start, anyway. 8)

Welcome to X2! :D
Tinker

"If engineers built buildings the way programmers write programs, the first woodpecker that came along would destroy civilization!"

Lugger
x2

Post by Lugger » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 08:33

demontrace wrote:Oh, okay, i got ya. Thank you so much for the added help for a slow newb like myself. I'll try to return the favor to others that ask for help, once I learn the answers.

Thanks again.

Oh yeah, I hadn't meant I wasn't gonna play X2 ever again, I love the game too much for that; I just meant I wasn't gonna keep playing over and over again till I found out what you meant. This sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Can't wait for X3. Strange having a game that I won't play till I beat the previous game.
Ok this is my second attempt at getting into this game, I am finding it extremely hard and unintuitive.

Selling everything that I own gains me about 90k credits, not 400k. I only seem to be able to sell a couple of lasers and a few shields, and then the Mercury at the shipyard.

I don't understand this game one bit.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 23. Dec 06, 09:50

This thread is out of date - look here http://www.egosoft.com/x3/forum/viewtopic.php?t=162408
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

MrAce

Post by MrAce » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 15:18

Just curious....how do you strip and sell all the equipment from the Express? I just cannot get a clear answer to this....

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :D

korcan
x2

Post by korcan » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 16:09

1-Dock at any equipment dock or Terra Corp HQ (while piloting TP)
2-Go to trading screen
3-Sell 25MW shields

parameter
x3tc

Even the mould has mould!

Post by parameter » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 18:45

So out of date thread! Anyway, X2, I looked in the stations I docked at for floating crates. Ejected and wandered around in stations looking in the nooks and crannies. I used to slow drive my Disco (not the Ford version!) around the interior, drive up to crates, drop shields and scoop them up. Some had money, some had illegal Spaceweed or Space Fuel or they had other very tradeable items. So watch out for the crates!
:)
Apologies to 'The_Abyss' for responding but it is this once for X2'ers
veneratio supernus omni

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Even the mould has mould!

Post by Nanook » Mon, 3. Dec 07, 22:22

parameter wrote:So out of date thread! ....
Not for those playing X2, it isn't. :P And there seems to be quite a few of them around lately. :lol:

But just to clear up this point:
Just curious....how do you strip and sell all the equipment from the Express? I just cannot get a clear answer to this....
Any equipment that's installed directly to the ship, as opposed to taking up space in the cargo bay, cannot be sold directly. Things like jumpdrives, command softwares, etc., can only be transferred to another ship. They can't be sold directly, only as part of a ship. Hope that clears things up a bit. :)

parameter
x3tc

Re: Even the mould has mould!

Post by parameter » Tue, 4. Dec 07, 09:17

Nanook wrote:
parameter wrote:So out of date thread! ....
Not for those playing X2, it isn't. :P And there seems to be quite a few of them around lately. :lol:
All I can say, Nanook, is 'Grrr!' :D
I had to stop X2 when my old, pre-Intel PowerMac died :cry: and now I have latest Intel iMac running X3 'Cider' with all the mods and scripts I find I have had to ... :oops: adapt! :cry: to life in the X3 Universe.
All my wealth and possessions deleted out of existence..... :cry:

But what the heck, it is only virtual Xistence, and I do not mind helping any X v? type really.
:D
veneratio supernus omni

Fitzy Of Sydney
x3tc

Post by Fitzy Of Sydney » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 02:58

Cheers. I only picked up X2 in a bargain bin. I had always wanted to buy it and get into the X Universe. Great game, not that I have gone very far.
The tips will help. :)

parameter
x3tc

X2 oooer!

Post by parameter » Thu, 31. Jan 08, 09:21

Happy New Year Fitzy, it took me awhile to realize the date of the original post and subsequent replies. Yes! We are always willing to help any ...cough!..erm! 'variant..cough of X Universe player.
Ah what the heck! Nowt wrong with X2 I thought it was brilliant. Ask away but let people know you are talking X2 in the header so they don't inadvertently give you X3 tips. When I played X3 first time I could only drift sideways to destination and had to reverse to get through gates...! :oops: I almost went back to X2, even if I had to buy an old Apple PowerMac. Now, of course!, :roll: I am into X3 with the best of them..Well, maybe not but I do complete the missions and face the right way.
. :lol:
veneratio supernus omni

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”