To All New X2 Players - Starting Out * SPOILER ? * UPDATED

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jobi
x3

Post by Jobi » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 11:47

i personally did trade runs in the Loaned TP till i had about 200k then sold all equip on it (after completing mission) wick is now 600k ish you have.
I then repaired the damaged mercury and bought TRade MK3 And set it to sector trade in Atreaus Cloud (that place you pick mi ton up in) and do some taxi missions in my disco.

i've done this on both games i now play

Klient
x2

Post by Klient » Tue, 30. Aug 05, 11:55

@nNemethon

Is this done in the story or non-story universe?

Kampenaar
x3tc

Post by Kampenaar » Mon, 5. Sep 05, 14:09

Thanks man!! Good advice! Either way :)

Netgeezer
x3tc

Post by Netgeezer » Sun, 11. Sep 05, 14:39

Hey I know I'm a bit behind the times now that X3 is on the horizon but I recently got given X2 as a gift - and LOVE it!!

I scouted round and these were some of the best tips for new players, certainly helped me get rolling. Now I'm heading towards millions of credits and I think I'll go give the pirates some grief...

BTW I don't care that the thread is old! :lol:
"How do you make God laugh?"

"You tell Him your plans..."

toujour
x3

Post by toujour » Tue, 13. Sep 05, 12:48

This sure looks like a good tip. I'll go and find out soon.

Razorwind
x3tc

Post by Razorwind » Wed, 14. Sep 05, 21:01

Do you get anything out of completing the plot? Credits, ships, weapons etc.?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 15. Sep 05, 19:55

Razorwind wrote:Do you get anything out of completing the plot? Credits, ships, weapons etc.?
Satisfaction, better reputation and
Spoiler
Show
A few tears for your good buddy Bret.
With your better reputation you can
Spoiler
Show
Buy the coordinates to additional Khaak sectors, and the specs for the Khaak ships.
You get no monetary or other rewards.

But let's try to keep this thread on topic so it doesn't attract the attention of the Lockiness Monsterators. :lol:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

evileagle
x2

Post by evileagle » Fri, 16. Sep 05, 14:20

Thanks alot the most I ever made is around 200 k, I'll give it a go

RagX

Post by RagX » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 12:04

followed your advice to the letter well before I actually came here to check for tips :o freaky...deja vu x 10...

lovely advice on the manta, still in 1.0 (archanic I know) and now with a sizable infastructure and a couple of cap ships in my tow, I'm going to try my hand in 1.4 and the all-in-one bonus pack :P yeah, I just came here so :P

HCFC
x3tc

Post by HCFC » Fri, 23. Sep 05, 12:12

1.4 is much more fun as the combat is better. Those Khaak arnt as much of a push over now. Watch out for the XI missions. They are fun but the reward is bugged and it gives you much more than it states. If you get a guilty conscience just buy a couple of M6s or M2s as target practice. :)

martianrobot
x3tc

Post by martianrobot » Sun, 20. Nov 05, 01:02

Cool... great advice... but it feels like cheating, being armed with such knowledge before I embark on my X2 adventure! Especially the bit where I sell all the equipment from the loaned shipped before it gets taken off me.

Ahh well, shouldn't have a guilty conscience about such things, they'll help me kick arse when I go on my PYRATICAL RAMPAGE! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

martianrobot
x3tc

Post by martianrobot » Mon, 21. Nov 05, 13:46

Hmmmm....

Not sure on the reason for selling the old Mercury you are given as a gift - you only get 2000 odd credits for it, and because it is so slow it took an age to get it to the shipyard in Argon Prime! Hardly worth it when you have almost half a million credits to play with!

I think it would make more sense to hang onto it and get it fixed and upgraded when you have more cash - after all it's not a bad ship and has lots of cargo space for volume trading.

If you keep it and do it up you could use it for a bit of heavy trading in the background, but still get for the Mako fighter to explore, do a bit of light trading and generally kick arse with.

alison22000
x3tc

Post by alison22000 » Wed, 18. Jan 06, 11:25

I found this really usefull, as I was always tieing up the Message Boards asking the Questions that was covered in this information. You would most likely find it usefull aswell.

alison22000
x3tc

Post by alison22000 » Thu, 2. Feb 06, 08:24

This was very helpfull for me, as I found it quite difficult to make a good buck when I first started, but with your help, it made it easier.
Thankyou for going to the trouble of posting this info for people like me.

Alison Black.

EssAitch

Post by EssAitch » Tue, 7. Feb 06, 13:37

martianrobot wrote:Hmmmm....

Not sure on the reason for selling the old Mercury you are given as a gift - you only get 2000 odd credits for it, and because it is so slow it took an age to get it to the shipyard in Argon Prime! Hardly worth it when you have almost half a million credits to play with!

I think it would make more sense to hang onto it and get it fixed and upgraded when you have more cash - after all it's not a bad ship and has lots of cargo space for volume trading.

If you keep it and do it up you could use it for a bit of heavy trading in the background, but still get for the Mako fighter to explore, do a bit of light trading and generally kick arse with.
I upgraded my Mercury after flogging all the Express' toys and used it as a remote flower trader for ages.

I still have it (s'called Unlikely Prospect) but it's not as busy since I crippled the Teladi flower market. I pressed it into service supplying my SPP for a while but now it's a warehouse for "liberated" upgrades and occasional refueller, sitting in it's docking cradle, growing old gracefully (and rusting).

yarr
x2

Post by yarr » Wed, 22. Feb 06, 11:36

Capturing M5 and M4 class ships is possible in the discoverer and can help u get started. Also if you follow the plot once u complete the unkown sector jump mission dock at the equipment dock in Kingdom End and strip down Mi-Ton's Hydra. The millions u get will more than make up for the rental price... too bad u can't sell the damn thing!

I agree buying a SPP is the best use for 200k in X2.
I like Three Worlds and later on Cloubase SW for energy exports.

Teladi Vulture is a good bargain too if you can find high value supply missions in BBS.

sebboot
x2

Post by sebboot » Sun, 26. Feb 06, 17:59

Thanks a lot for the useful tips,this will save me a lot of time :)

philipes
x2

Post by philipes » Thu, 2. Mar 06, 21:30

Thank you that dose help. :)

Barks

Post by Barks » Wed, 8. Mar 06, 04:53

Didn't find this til starting out on my own but did most of the things anyway, Namely stripping out the express. Wasn't sure how Terracorp would take it but they seemed fine :lol:

All very good tips, Well recommended for any new players.

goatman455

Post by goatman455 » Tue, 8. Aug 06, 22:51

This is a great response, I am def. going to try this soon, do you have any good X3 tips?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”