X3AP Retail versions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:02

kurush wrote:
CBJ wrote:If you thought you'd be spending the weekend waiting for the 2.0 patch on Steam on Monday, you might be in for a surprise...
Good surprise or bad surprise? If it is what I think it is, you guys rock!!! I do have to work over the weekend, but a surprise would be nice...
AP is patching for me right now on Steam!!!

Probe1
x3ap

Post by Probe1 » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:12

Danke to EGOSOFT et al

wRAR
x3tc

Post by wRAR » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:15

New 2.0 plot glitch:
Spoiler
Show
NMMC mission is titled "Atreus Corp" in the mission list.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:24

Over to this thread for 2.0 discussion now. We'll keep this one for discussion of the DVD release. :)

dlryan
x3tc

Post by dlryan » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 00:51

So, I can't play Terran and get a HUB/Player HQ?

Wow. I wasted my money on AP.

Sticking to TC. Thanks for wasting my time having my hopes up
AMD FX 8core 8150 4.5ghz(overclocked)4x8gb ram, ATI Crossfire Radeon 7850HD x2. Sabertooth 990fx mobo

Vesa
x4

Post by Vesa » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:02

My lady ordered the DVD release of AP for me for my upcoming birthday. I have the old TC on DVD (non-Steam) and will apparently have to register game + install Steam + install AP + patch.

I got a new computer a while ago, so I don't have currently TC installed. Should I do things in this order:
1. Install TC + Steam
2. Patch
3. Install add-on
4. Patch the add-on?

...or install everything and patch later? Or does Steam even give me a choice? It's years ago that I used Steam the last time, they probably have deleted my account already.

Many thanks in advance.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:07

Are you getting the TWP or the X3AP-only upgrade pack? If the former then just follow the installation instructions on the DVD. If the latter then install Steam, then follow the instructions in the Steam FAQ linked in the first post in this thread to install X3TC on Steam without a huge download, then when the X3AP DVD arrives just install it.

gecos
x3tc

Post by gecos » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:18

Little bit disappointed that advanced/prototype/enhanced bonus ships which can be randomly generated at the start of each new AP game are still un-targetable and as such impossible to claim. Oh well, there's still the Khaak freebies out there at least.

Vesa
x4

Post by Vesa » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:24

To: CBJ

It is indeed the AP-only upgrade pack. I will then start by getting the TC up to date first. I think I'll manage with your instructions. Thank you.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Sat, 25. Feb 12, 01:25

gecos wrote:Little bit disappointed that advanced/prototype/enhanced bonus ships which can be randomly generated at the start of each new AP game are still un-targetable and as such impossible to claim. Oh well, there's still the Khaak freebies out there at least.
That was fixed in 1.1.

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 11:24

so do i have to install steam first and then remove after installing AP and running the steam free patch or does the steam free part mean as in previouse DRM removals i dont have to use steam ,because i cant see how i can do the first without setting up an acount which i dont want to do,unless Bernd will lend me his email adress to do it of course :wink:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 11:39

As explained in the FAQ, you need a Steam account to install the game. The NoSteam EXE simply provides a means to play the game without Steam once the game is installed and activated. If you are not prepared to set up a Steam account at all then you won't be able to play X3AP.

thetack
x3tc

Post by thetack » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 12:20

thanks CBJ i wont play AP then.

Toshiro.M4
x3

Post by Toshiro.M4 » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 21:58

Where is Russia????((

<Restored from split/lock as I initially misunderstood question through lack of context. Read as 'Why is Russia not on the retail version distribution list?' Alan Phipps>

kurush
x3tc

Post by kurush » Tue, 28. Feb 12, 22:30

Toshiro.M4 wrote:Where is Russia????((
Happens to be just north of China, why? Mail probably still doesn't work there, so it is steam or "Mitino market" ;)

<I hope the latter phrase is not intended as a reference to a market for pirate copies! Alan Phipps>
EDIT: That's a place in Moscow where I got my licensed copy of AD&D game Ravenloft 2 in 1998. They probably do have illicit stuff as well (it used to be everywhere there really), but I am not advertising that.

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 15:53

Brilliant, so I've been waiting for the retail version to avoid going the steam route, only to find that i might as well have gone with steam in the first place instead of waiting all these months, if only i had known!

But before i do try to get from steam, a couple of Questions.

1) To avoid downloading TC, it says in the FAQ to copy the TC install to the location steam assumes. In the FAQ it says program files, though i have Win7 64bit, so TC is in Program files(x86)\...., can i assume the steam folder will also be program files(x86)\....?

2) How big is Albion Prelude, I've got mobile broadband with a 3GB limit, so if its bigger than that I'll have to go the retail route.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 15:58

apogee wrote:so TC is in Program files(x86)\...., can i assume the steam folder will also be program files(x86)\....?
Yes, you can. You are also able to change the installation path for Steam (and therefore Steam games) during the installation of the Steam client.
apogee wrote:2) How big is Albion Prelude, I've got mobile broadband with a 3GB limit, so if its bigger than that I'll have to go the retail route.
The X3AP 2.0 folder has a size of 1 GB.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

apogee
x3tc

Post by apogee » Fri, 2. Mar 12, 16:47

Thanks, I will have a go at installing this weekend!

fighter dave
x3ap

Albion Prelude box set

Post by fighter dave » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 14:28

How do I get Albion Prelude without downloading it using steam. If I go to Egosoft shop they seem to only interested in eurozone countries, and only English version seems to involve Italian text but English spoken. Very confusing.

fighter dave
x3ap

Albion Prelude

Post by fighter dave » Sun, 4. Mar 12, 15:11

Where can I buy Albion Prelude without downloading it.

<Moved to correct thread that probably has the answers (Twice). Alan Phipps>

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”