Need some help breaking god commands

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gamer993
xr

Need some help breaking god commands

Post by gamer993 » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 02:30

I am having an issue, I am playing as a pirate and stealing everything including stations. I am having an issue with breaking the God engines command on the TL. If I am not mistaken the game should stop all god commands when the ship is captured right? It says NONE in the command after I enter a command (IE Standby or Idle I can provide a pic if necessary to show what I mean) but the action still says entering warp gate and if I jump it to another sector it freezes the game when loading the sector. (the screen stays black) If I jump it in to the sector when I am in that sector (IE jumping it in to the sector after me) the game freezes. It always used to do this every once in a while but it always worked after a few jumps now after 30+ jumps it is not working to ANY sector that the TL is in. I am running version 3.1.1. Is there a way to either remote drop the station or to break GODs command of it. I would like to stay unmodified but would use a script if it stopped the command.

PS not sure where to post this so if it needs moved accept my apologies.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

Gold Dragon
x3tc

Post by Gold Dragon » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 04:24

That's standard for the TLs, actually. Don't know if there is a Script/Mod to correct it, but Docking the TL (MUST fly it personally to override the script) to an EQ/Shipyard/Military Outpost, and doing a Freight Transfer of the Station to another TL, then letting the first TL finish it's script off should fix things, at least as far as gaining control of the TL.
-- GD

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 04:44

I know pre 3.1 (That's when I last used this method this is a new game that was started in 3.0 and just capped my first god TL now after updating a while ago.) when you ejected the station the ship would still fight a bit but all I had to do was fly through a gate and it would reset. Right now I can't change sectors at all with the TL as it hangs right after the warp scene when it should load the sector or freezes if I jump it in a sector I am in (it works fine in the sector I capped it in, though I tried jumping in to several sectors and all with the same result). Is it possible to freight exchange the station? I would like the station to be mine if at all possible, though I am beginning to think it is not.

My X2 M6 Uses guide

tbowen
x3tc

Post by tbowen » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 05:00

Are you in the TL when you jump? That might make a difference. Otherwise, another TL with a transporter should be able to transfer the station will in space--so you don't have to dock it (I'm assuming your in a sector without an EQ or SY or MO--if there is one, then try to personally dock the ship at the dock as Gold Dragon suggested).

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 05:14

I have tried both being in the ship and out of it and neither work, I am trying to see if just letting it fly there would help at all, but it won't fly there with me in it, I have done this in previous games and I dont see why it is not working now. I am in claritys end and it is going to napileos's memorial.

Edit: success! I sat in it and let it fly itself to hitkavas faith and it reset, I did this once and didn't reset but this time it did so i dunno, I still would like to know how to break god commands as It is a horrible pain to do if I see a station that I want such as a PVC forage.

My X2 M6 Uses guide

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 08:37

Have you tried letting it go to HF and then taking control of the TL?

May not work,but might be worth the try.

Kirlack
x3tc

Post by Kirlack » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 12:50

Stations cannot be transferred from one TL to another, you need a dock to put the station in for the 2nd TL to collect. You can't just beam it across. Don't really know why...

TTD
x4

Post by TTD » Mon, 31. Oct 11, 19:46

Kirlack wrote:Stations cannot be transferred from one TL to another, you need a dock to put the station in for the 2nd TL to collect. You can't just beam it across. Don't really know why...
Therefore,maybe putting an EQ dock there may enable this.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”