X Rebirth Trailer Analysis and Speculation

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AsterXiphos
x3tc

Post by AsterXiphos » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:39

Seleucius wrote:
Nanook wrote:So you read the Superbox Encyclopedia, too? :Wink:
That bit has been messing with my head all day at work. Especially considering that the Ancients or some Keeper nearby would likely have noticed a holyexpletive star blowing up and hit the kill switch on the gate network before it propagated -too- far. And what star could it even have been? Or was it simply a gamma ray burst pointed right at a gate by chance?

... Or are we talking Supernova in the sense of Plot Device A, which caused Events A-D leading to the need for Plot Device B, the sole way to prevent the Khaak/Xenon/Nazis/whoever from completing their plan for Event E. That'd be lame.
My theory: firebreak.

Xenon_Slayer posted a usable encyclopedia link to here. See if you think it makes sense.
And after hundreds of years of evolution, the common housefly still doesn't know that the big, solid, clear thing is a window . . .

Post by Guest » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:41

AsterXiphos wrote:
Seleucius wrote:
Nanook wrote:So you read the Superbox Encyclopedia, too? :Wink:
That bit has been messing with my head all day at work. Especially considering that the Ancients or some Keeper nearby would likely have noticed a holyexpletive star blowing up and hit the kill switch on the gate network before it propagated -too- far. And what star could it even have been? Or was it simply a gamma ray burst pointed right at a gate by chance?

... Or are we talking Supernova in the sense of Plot Device A, which caused Events A-D leading to the need for Plot Device B, the sole way to prevent the Khaak/Xenon/Nazis/whoever from completing their plan for Event E. That'd be lame.

Xenon_Slayer posted a usable encyclopedia link to here. See if you think it makes sense.
cant download it unless you have a registered copy of the X superbox.

Its okay im sure we'll live ^^

Tolmos
x3tc

Post by Tolmos » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:47

My only question concerning this new game is: Will it support multiple cores? X3R and X3TC do NOT, and its murder in heavy games. Adding multi-core support to this game would be outstanding

AsterXiphos
x3tc

Post by AsterXiphos » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:50

sergoba wrote:
AsterXiphos wrote:

Here he says:
Xenon_Slayer wrote: * The X-Encyclopedia is currently available for all registered users to download. This may help with some of the questions. This may be a time limited offer.
I don't have the superbox, and I was able to download. If the link I posted doesn't work, have a look in the thread - there are a few links he posts there.
And after hundreds of years of evolution, the common housefly still doesn't know that the big, solid, clear thing is a window . . .

Post by Guest » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 02:57

AsterXiphos wrote:
sergoba wrote:
AsterXiphos wrote:

Here he says:
Xenon_Slayer wrote: * The X-Encyclopedia is currently available for all registered users to download. This may help with some of the questions. This may be a time limited offer.
I don't have the superbox, and I was able to download. If the link I posted doesn't work, have a look in the thread - there are a few links he posts there.
That reminds me! 2 years and i never actually registered X3TC, ok first thing in the morning! if i can find the box that is, i need some code right?

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 03:07

AsterXiphos wrote:I don't have the superbox, and I was able to download. If the link I posted doesn't work, have a look in the thread - there are a few links he posts there.
Download encyclopedia does not need superbox at the moment - although that could change at any time.

DeLoreanLover
x4

Post by DeLoreanLover » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 03:55

Well, I can say three things:

One, I hope the legendary ship is the X-Shuttle. Two, if the Hub goes boom, that is a lot of hard work wasted, and three, the game looks fantastic!

Dreuther
x4

Post by Dreuther » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:07

I heard a theory once that without the energy spine stabalising the massive amount of energy holding the worm-hole between gates open, they collapse releasing enough energy to obliterate an entire region of space with several surrounding sectors. It's within the realm of possibility that a supernova could overload or corrupt this stabilisation resulting in a propagating series of wormhole collapses which wiped out both the gate system, and most of the known sectors. So I guess either that happened, or a failsafe kicked in to shut the system down before it did, & you'd need seed crystals to restart each link, or a different technology like the Terran version.

Also, those gates look pretty similar to ones that I believe were already present in the game code since at least X3R but were not present in the game. The XTM mod used them for Terran jump gates which is probably what they were intended for originally. That's likely the plot behind their existence in XR - Terran technology. I certainly hope you can jump straight to them though instead of those painful TOAs.

Can't wait!

Shootist
x4

Post by Shootist » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:12

DeLoreanLover wrote:Well, I can say three things:

One, I hope the legendary ship is the X-Shuttle. Two, if the Hub goes boom, that is a lot of hard work wasted, and three, the game looks fantastic!
And the unlikely female is Bala Gi.

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:31

Looks Great! Looks like it will kill my GFX card though. (it's a 9400GT) Oh well need to upgrade anyway. Can't wait till Q4 2011 though my two favorite series get an extension. (skyrim and X rebirth.) I hope it has trade lanes in the big systems (like the Terran sectors) and also more realistic asteroid fields, and it looks like I won't be disappointed.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

hawat
x4

Post by hawat » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:39

gamer993 wrote:Looks Great! Looks like it will kill my GFX card though. (it's a 9400GT) Oh well need to upgrade anyway. Can't wait till Q4 2011 though my two favorite series get an extension. (skyrim and X rebirth.) I hope it has trade lanes in the big systems (like the Terran sectors) and also more realistic asteroid fields, and it looks like I won't be disappointed.
It looks like skirim is getting heavily dumbed down by removing attribute stats, I certainly hope the same thing wont happen with x-rebirth.

gamer993
xr

Post by gamer993 » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 04:50

hawat wrote:
gamer993 wrote:Looks Great! Looks like it will kill my GFX card though. (it's a 9400GT) Oh well need to upgrade anyway. Can't wait till Q4 2011 though my two favorite series get an extension. (skyrim and X rebirth.) I hope it has trade lanes in the big systems (like the Terran sectors) and also more realistic asteroid fields, and it looks like I won't be disappointed.
It looks like skirim is getting heavily dumbed down by removing attribute stats, I certainly hope the same thing wont happen with x-rebirth.
Same here, Still looking forward to both but I don't like the fact that they are ruining skyrim from the sounds of it (removing spell making/ removing attributes, and reducing skills as if there were too many already *not*, New menus etc. Morrowind was the best of the series IMO but oblivion was nice graphics wise and with some mods). I would like X to be a little easier, but lets hope they don't dumb it down too much. I hope it is developed for PC then ported to consoles not just another crappy console port.
A person is smart, people are dumb, stupid panicky animals, and you know it.

X2 and TC the best of the X games!
My X2 M6 Uses guide

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 05:55

Nice gate effect (1 sec video clip of gate) :)
Last edited by Observe on Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:22, edited 1 time in total.

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:11

I just read through the entire X Encyclopedia. Cover to cover. One sitting.

Excuse me, I have to collect the smoldering remains of my cranium from the floor.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

X2-Eliah
x4

Post by X2-Eliah » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:35

amtct wrote:@X2-Eliah
You better edit everything you said because nothing is/was reused :P

http://www.egosoft.com/x/xnews/201104_44_xr_news.html
:roll: Myeah, just like ES said that "X is over, TNBT is not about X"...
It could refer to a new gameplay focus/structure (like new trading module, new combat), it could refer to new universe & sector layout.. There's nothing explicitly saying that bits of X3 engine haven't been used for X:R, and I'll stick to believing what I see (and a lot of the similarities on rendering level are quite obvious) instead of some vague marketspeak :P

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:37

X2-Eliah wrote:There's nothing explicitly saying that bits of X3 engine haven't been used for X:R, and I'll stick to believing what I see (and a lot of the similarities on rendering level are quite obvious) instead of some vague marketspeak :P
I see what you mean, but I'm hoping to attribute the design similarities to the design team, rather than the engine. In the past Egosoft's main limitations have been in performance and efficiency. Bernd states in the interview that the main problem when developing TC was that it inherited the limitations of the old engine. The the purpose of the "Rebirth" is to abandon those limitations.
Bernd wrote:BUT (and it's a big but), adding features to an existing game design has limits. Especially when we talk about the actual gameplay design. Adding so many features that were not originally planned for was a bit like building a higher and higher tower. You run into problems. Problems like a user interface that gets more and more complex and that's rarely a good thing.
Removing that limitation they set for themselves, it really comes down to the skill and initiative of the team. I'm just hoping the Egosoft take this opportunity to change as effectively as they claim to do.
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

DeLoreanLover
x4

Post by DeLoreanLover » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:45

KloHunt3r wrote:I just read through the entire X Encyclopedia. Cover to cover. One sitting.

Excuse me, I have to collect the smoldering remains of my cranium from the floor.
Yeah me too; one question though,
Spoiler
Show
where was Kyle Brennan during the Second Terraformer War before Gates went offline?

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 06:49

Spoiler
Show
The encyclopedia states that his activities during and after the Second Terraformer War are unknown. I'm going to speculate that he was picked up by the USC again and had some hand behind-the-scenes in helping deal with the Terraformers. A lot of information cuts off after the end of the 2nd TFW, and details of the conflict itself are scarce. Plot device for Rebirth, perhaps?

Also, there's surprisingly little on Julian Brennan's life towards and after the end of X3:R.

DeLoreanLover
x4

Post by DeLoreanLover » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 07:00

I guess Julian wasn't that important anyway, except saving the Universe from the Kha'ak and reuniting Earth (Which I guess was a bad thing).

breytac
x4

Post by breytac » Thu, 21. Apr 11, 08:40

Looks like I picked just the right time to return to the X universe. I for one can't wait.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”