Hop, skip, jump

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

perkint
x3tc

Hop, skip, jump

Post by perkint » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 17:26

You'd do better to post this question in the thread in S&M for that script.

I use it myself, but haven't noticed whether it correctly reports jumps or not :(

Tim

{split from here - Carlo}
Struggling to find something from the forums - Google it!!! :D

Kazantia
x4

Post by Kazantia » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 17:49

Can moderators moove it to the right place?
or do i have to make a new one there?

Don't want to make double post's!

Technojerk36
xr

Post by Technojerk36 » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 17:57

When a mod sees this, he'll move it. You might want to PM an online mod to speed things up though.
My "for Dummies" guides: Trade Command Software Mk III | Advanced Satellites | X3: TC (Co-author: K-64) | SETA Repair
Xenon_Slayer wrote:maybe we'll have extreme weather pingpong at some point

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 21:09

[url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216696][b]T[/b][b]C[/b] [b]S[/b]&M Posting [b]R[/b]ules[/url].

Mods don't generally have the time or inclination to go looking for threads to merge things into...

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 23:34

Thread returned to X-Universe forum for discussion of vanilla Trade Command Mk III.
perkint wrote:You'd do better to post this question in the thread in S&M for that script.
Trade command Mk III is a part of the vanilla game in TC, not a separate script. As such, there's no such thread in TC S&M.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 7. Jan 10, 23:47

I do have a faint recollection that SymTec Ltd has posted two threads (one in X-Universe Forum) about the internals of Trade Mk3. No inclination to look for them, like Carlo said.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 00:00

Nanook wrote:
perkint wrote:You'd do better to post this question in the thread in S&M for that script.
Trade command Mk III is a part of the vanilla game in TC, not a separate script. As such, there's no such thread in TC S&M.
Since the question was about the logging which, albeit included in vanilla, is not activated (as I understand it) I assumed the question was relevant to this thread in S&M of SymTec's about the MK3 Trading log.

Sorry if it was poor advice :oops:

Tim

[Edit] The other thread is here but that links you through to the one in S&M for logging.
[/edit]

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 00:08

You'll note, however, that all it does is enable the logging that's already built into the game. And as SymTec ltd. pointed out, it does not make the game *modified*. While the OP could've asked under that thread, since it's technically 'vanilla', it's perfectly fine here, too, IMO.

In fact, SymTec ltd.'s whole thread probably could've been posted in this forum, same as any of the other 'tools' such as the various Complex Calculators. Not sure why he decided to put it in S&M.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 00:11

Hey - I'm only justifying my advice, not continuing to argue it should be over there :P

Tim

Kazantia
x4

Post by Kazantia » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 21:14

is it then an option to move this topic again to S&M?

with the hope that the scripters can find the solution.

regards, Kazi.

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Fri, 8. Jan 10, 21:32

As per Technojerk36 and Carlo's comments earlier - you might do better to PM a mod and ask them to move it to the thread SymTec linked to, rather than hoping one of them will see the request in this thread and move it.

Alternatively start a new thread in S&M. Normally discussion should go in the existing thread, but this request has changed a bit. Rather than, "What's happening here" this request is now more along the lines of, "There looks to be an issue with this, but the original author hasn't got resource to look into it - anyone else good enough and willing?".

Of course, that's my opinion, and the mods may disagree... :oops:

Tim

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”