[TC] Xenon Hub

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

farmerboy
x3tc

Xenon Hub

Post by farmerboy » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 10:06

Anyone else found the supply requirements to repair the xenon hub a bit over the top?! Not sure the ends justify the means given that the input is several billion credits. Managed to get through it but needed sereral weeks of computer time with a lot of SETA use! Thinking 750,000 silicon wafers was bad enough but then again 75,000 microchips also a bit of a tall order. Wish I had known what I was letting myself in for..........

{Moved from TC tech support - eladan.}

maphys
x3tc

Post by maphys » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 10:18

Nope - like it. Meant to be an epic, long term industrial scale job and that is what it feels like. Makes a change from 'blow this up, blow that up, fly to here, blow them up'.

I'd like to see two or three long term project type quests, actually. Maybe use them to unlock more ships or something (building the prototype), make an experimental weapons factory - that sort of thing. 500,000 ore for an IBL forge - cheap! Actually that'd be cool - a sort of PHQ for factories. Huge build resources needed but it gives you access to stuff not sold.

M

sumppi
xr

Post by sumppi » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 10:23

Sorry but I can't agree with you on this one. IMO the reason for the hub is to give players a long term goal to achieve so that we don't get bored. I'm currently at the last silicon part and I haven't used SETA for it. It just feels like cheating. Hub is something that you just make some complexes for and let them do the work while you continue playing and doing what ever you want. I still fail to understand how it took several weeks of SETA to finish.
It forces you to make long term goals and a network of complexes that produce what is needed. In my opinion that is exactly what this kind of games need. Long term goals that you wont finish in one night (or five).
Welcome to the Federation starship S.S. Buttcrack!
John Crichton, Farscape season 3 episode 4

Spaceweed Adict
x3tc

Post by Spaceweed Adict » Sun, 8. Mar 09, 10:24

Yep we were all ripped off by that robbing git Mahi Ma :evil:
He didn't really need all that stuff to repair the hub, he just coned you into believing he did.
He was really selling it on and make himself a billionire out of it.
Once he's finished there strap him to a missile and fire it into the Xenon core sector at the nearst ship.
That'll teach him. :twisted:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”