News: X3:TC Update 1.4 now available for download

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 07:04

Bah. (to above post that is)
The Patrol Mission Payout was in the 1.4 "What's Changed" list.

HarryB57
x3tc

Post by HarryB57 » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:36

IronCrux

Since updating to 1.4, I've been watching Aldrin to see if it starts to producing Exp. EMP cannons. Sorry to say that my game still does not produce them.

I don't know what I'm missing, so no problem there, and I have capped a lot of ships using the Prototype Starburst Shockwave Cannon.
Nforce 780i, Core 2 Duo E8500, 8GB Matched
PC2-6400, Geforce GTX 465, Intel 120GB SSD,
Barracuda 7200.12 1TB, Corsair 750W PSU,
Cooler master Hyper 212+, Win7 Pro 64-bit

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 01:06

Installed v1.4 over the festive break - for the first time since x2 I have played through the missions. Must admit that I really enjoyed playing the missions and enjoyed every minute (apart from transport the Aldrin folks - took me two days to work out what I was doing wrong).
Not sure what I am going to do next - not too sure about all those big icons everywhere I fly... I'll trundle along for a little while.

MooMan7777
x3

Post by MooMan7777 » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 06:28

ok...here's my big question...should I buy the game yet, or continue to wait for further patches?

D_Zorro
x3tc

Post by D_Zorro » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 15:45

MooMan7777 wrote:ok...here's my big question...should I buy the game yet, or continue to wait for further patches?
You can buy the game. The game is very playable now. They will only make it better from this point. But as always you can always please everyone.
System spec: Pentium (R) D 2.66 Ghz, Ram : 2048 DDR, HD : 250 GIG 7200 RPM intern 8 MB cash
Videocard : Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTS 320mb : Realtek
Laptop : AMD athlon 64 3200 + 1024 DDR 80 gig HD Conexant AMC Audio, Ati mobility Radeon Express 200

ubica

Post by ubica » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 16:06

SO is there a SIROKKO or is there not even a single SIROKKO in the game now?????????????

WarpedcowOwnzU

Post by WarpedcowOwnzU » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 17:20

MooMan7777 wrote:ok...here's my big question...should I buy the game yet, or continue to wait for further patches?
Buy the game, but ONLY PATCH TO 1.3!!!
Then do patrol missions until you have 2 billion credits in your account.
And about 20 billion credits stored in stations.
THEN install patch 1.4!

:D
www.trackpedia.com
ASUS P5Q Pro - Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4GHZ - ATI Radeon 4870 - 4GB OCZ Reaper DDR2 1066 - Windows Server 2008 64bit - 2x500GB in RAID1
#1 in X3TC Ships Destroyed

ubica

Post by ubica » Fri, 2. Jan 09, 22:09

Anywayz, the big money is in station building missions, not in fighting. Takes less time and requires only one TL with jumpdrive. Rewards go up to 140M credits(they will go up with the rank).That's business and fighting is a hobby.

Stevious Maximus
x3tc

Post by Stevious Maximus » Sat, 3. Jan 09, 22:48

pjknibbs wrote:While it's always possible to do that, I would have to agree with him--all ships that are large enough to be unable to dock at all stations should have the capacity to carry at least one fighter as a runabout. It's a lot more convenient than having to call one of your fighters in from somewhere and transport over to it.

I think this is a really good idea and that one ship should be no more than a personel shuttle type. Could be limited to M5 or something.

Just thinking that it might spoil it, if you could have a couple of M3+'s pop out as fighter cover etc.

Preybird
x4

Post by Preybird » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 02:40

How about docking for a single TP only? Then you really are just docking a shuttle type to the destroyer

coldcell
x3ap

Post by coldcell » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 08:10

Is the patch not compatible with old saved games?

I get an error everytime I try to load my old saved games. I can start a new game, save and load that new safe.. but none of my old saves work.

Also Gazz's Turret Fixing Mod... how can I use this?

Stevious Maximus
x3tc

Post by Stevious Maximus » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 21:55

Preybird wrote:How about docking for a single TP only? Then you really are just docking a shuttle type to the destroyer
I was thinking similar but would it not be too big?

But it is a really good idea, cause a TP fits the bill for the kind of ship that i think should be used.

I didn't have any problems with old saves after loading the new patch. Not sure what could be wrong mate!
Did you go from 1.3 to 1.4? If not, that might be the problem maybe?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 23:09

coldcell wrote:Is the patch not compatible with old saved games?

I get an error everytime I try to load my old saved games. I can start a new game, save and load that new safe.. but none of my old saves work.

Also Gazz's Turret Fixing Mod... how can I use this?
My 1.3 saves worked fine, so there's something odd about your old saves. As for the turret fixing mod, it's built into the patch--once you've installed the patch then the various turret problems that existed in prior versions will be gone, which makes nearly all turreted ships a lot more effective.

Aino
x3tc

Post by Aino » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 15:19

Just posting to express my gratitude for your continued excellence at after-release work and interaction with the community on such high level (turret fix, balances etc). *bow*

Some *other* companies could learn a lesson or two here.
The prismatic flight. Glow with us.

DavidSharp
x3tc

Post by DavidSharp » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 01:38

My 1.3 save game worked, but an older saved game from 1.0 didnt.

Mustikos
x3tc

transport drones

Post by Mustikos » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 22:03

I saw somewhere, a choice to transport goods via drones.. not sure what that was and not sure where it was.. I guess it was referring to message drones?

I also think some ships should be able to carry a couple of other items as well. I have a few TMs and sent one with 4 ships to go grab me some jumpdrives. I docked it, bought some gear, exchanged freight with a docked ship on the TM, then bought the same gear, ie. jumpdrive, transferred it to another docked ship, etc. Though it might kill part of the difficulty of the game.
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: transport drones

Post by Nanook » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 23:16

Mustikos wrote:I saw somewhere, a choice to transport goods via drones.. not sure what that was and not sure where it was.. I guess it was referring to message drones?
Freight drones. Manufactured and sold by the Teladi. At the start of the game, there should be a Freight Drone Factory in Ceo's Sprite.
I also think some ships should be able to carry a couple of other items as well. I have a few TMs and sent one with 4 ships to go grab me some jumpdrives. I docked it, bought some gear, exchanged freight with a docked ship on the TM, then bought the same gear, ie. jumpdrive, transferred it to another docked ship, etc. Though it might kill part of the difficulty of the game.
What I do is have my TM fly up to the station, tell all docked fighters to land at the station, buy what they need, then redock at the TM. Saves a lot of freight transfer hassle. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Mustikos
x3tc

frieght droves vs landed ship on a battleship

Post by Mustikos » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 06:39

So, freight drones are the answer instead of allowing a single docked ship?

How about a docking bay that is a certain size, maybe hold 1 scout and 1 fighter or 1 TP?

Or perhaps it be a cargo space option, a cost to convert cargo space to a docking bay and you could pay again to convert it back. Would also create jobs for workers.

I saw somewhere too, and liked the idea, that marines onboard a ship should be able to make repairs, or maybe give them a repair comnad. If I'm a petty trader, yet am an assassin, why should I risk my neck repairing the hull in my space suit while I've got 10 well trained, butt whooping marines onboard that, basically, I am in command of ? I'm a pilot, my skills are most effective in the cockpit and I doubt any of these marines have as much experience in it as I do. No offense, marines, but I'm not paying you to sit around and play cards in the cargo hold.

I just noticed that my Elephant said it carried smaller freighters because it is too large to dock. Doesn't it just carry fighters?

I love that there is so much to this game.
I don't kiss @$$, I kick it!
davesgameworld.com

pjknibbs
x4

Re: frieght droves vs landed ship on a battleship

Post by pjknibbs » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 09:04

Mustikos wrote: I just noticed that my Elephant said it carried smaller freighters because it is too large to dock. Doesn't it just carry fighters?
Some of the flavour fluff is a little out of date...the last time a TL could dock freighters was in X2. In X3TC there are only three ways to get XL cargo onto a TL:

1) Dock at an Equipment Dock directly.
2) Use a Freight Drone.
3) Get a TS to buy what you need and then move it from the TS to the TL using a transporter device.

I think there may be a fourth way--in X3R the Falcon Hauler (M3 class) was actually capable of carrying XL cargo, so it could be used as a freighter. Don't know if the X3TC ship is the same, though.

edammer
xr

Post by edammer » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 11:12

My X3TC sheet still lists the Falcon Hauler as XL cargo.

It can only carry 353 max cargo, where the freight drone can carry 800.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”