X3:TC Feedback

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 18:48

Jimby wrote:Does your scrip/mod installer work with X3 TC? I created an spk for it for X3R.
working on it, the beta version is 1/2 compatable

Borse

Post by Borse » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 19:10

I see there's a lot of people having trouble with the follow command making your ship crash into the other ship.

So, to avoid this, use the protect command instead.

Press Shift-C to get up the command console for your current ship, then select command, Protect, and select the ship you want to follow.

By doing this, the ship you are in will not follow right behind the ship, but rather fly in formation. IE, you will be flying next to the ship instead of behind it. That is, unless you have selected some weird formation that makes you fly behind it.

Happy crashing.
"If I am stronger, I will take what is yours. If you are stronger, you will take what is mine. This is the natural order of things."

PhobosMoon

Post by PhobosMoon » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 19:27

Give the universe some time to develope.. IN like 10 hour (imgame hours) there will be tons of ships.. Flying through places like Jupiter I see like 40+ ships flying by me.. If anything it seems like there is MORE activity then ther was Reunion.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 00:44

Jimby wrote:That is true, but to enable the button a mod file just has to reside inside the x3 folder does it not? I have placed the 2 files necessary for it to work in the X3 TC folder, but the button remains greyed out.....
In X3R, you had to create a 'mods' folder in the X3 folder. You then put your mods in there and they were recognized by the mod button at startup. I assume X3TC works the same way.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

rosewell
x3

Post by rosewell » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 01:03

im very disappointed. I bought this game via Steam and at the time there were nothing to suggest that this game had DRM. around 1-2 days later they updated the X3:TC steam page and now it says it have DRM. Suddenly i can only install it 5 times before it gets impossible to play it.

I regret i bought this game. No games with DRM is worth buying. except for this DRM thing, this game is great. Should be released as freeware.

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 09:04

Freeware? :roll:

Anyways, it's exceedingly unlikely that you will use up 5 installs between now and the no-DRM patch.

rosewell
x3

Post by rosewell » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 12:15

Will that patch be released within a year?

what happens to my game if i were to use up that 5 install limit? will it still be in my Steam "my games" list?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 12:36

its very unlikly that games like this would be released as freeware, as the developers need to get paid for thier work and a freeware game wouldn't do that.

Its been metioned that the patch will be out about a year after the release of the game, but theres no offical date yet, and probably wont be for some time.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 12:41

rosewell wrote:what happens to my game if i were to use up that 5 install limit? will it still be in my Steam "my games" list?
In the unlikely event that you reach that limit, you can contact Steam and they will normally extend it for you.

alex2069
x3tc

Post by alex2069 » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 14:54

Drifting slightly offtopic here, but what's the point in having DRM in the first place if it's just getting disabled in a year (or whenever)?
(I'm not bitching or anything, I like how it gets removed by future patches, it's just a general question)
It doesn't stop pirates in the slightest (and they're dreaming if they think it does), and in all but the very rare cases it wouldn't even be noticed by most users (which is good, esp since it gets removed later). I don't get why it's even in there (once again, I'm not bitching against it, it's a curiosity question). Do the publishers want it in there or something? Doesn't it cost licensing fees to have it in there?
*is confused*

Intritor

First impressions

Post by Intritor » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 19:38

Greetings.

So, I bought the game, anxiously installed it, then I was playing it for few hours.

The first thing that drew my attention was enormous disk transfer usage - during gameplay, suddenly, without any notable reason, the game starts to use the harddrive - it uses it so much that the game freezes for several seconds. It just eats all disks transfer capacity.

Second: memory usage. I never encountered a game that would consume about 1,7 GBs of memory instantly. Im curious how much memory will the game need in later stages ( assuming I will be willing to play it long enough under these circumstances... ).

Third: Artifical intelligence. I accepted a mission to protect some ships going from one sector to another. Khaak ships are incoming all the time, but they are not the problem - the problem is that last ship always destroys itself by hitting the jumpgate... Tried the mission 3 times, the last ship always "suicides".

Also, Im not sure if the feature got completely removed or is avaiable somewhere in the settings, but it seems the need to lower shields and open cargo bay doors disappeared... Which is a lot of shame, it made the game a lot more realistic.

To be honest, I expected a lot more. Especially when I installed the patch. As unhappy as I am to say this, right now the game looks like waste of money. I will give it some more chances no doubt, so I hope it will prove itself worth the money, but if it doesnt, it will be huge disappointment since I loved X3: Reunion.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 23:10

I still do..

- love X3:R, that is.. :D

- keep 'em both running..
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Cactus-Soup
x3tc

Post by Cactus-Soup » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 23:17

As for the gate thing, there are many issues.
Many's the time I've jumped into a system only to discover I'm INSIDE a TL or something. The great thing was this one time when it didn't count as a collision and I got a sort of piggy back ride.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”