Thanks for making x3:fl

General discussion about X³: Farnham's Legacy.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Moderators for the X3:FL Forums

cobra mk2
x4

Thanks for making x3:fl

Post by cobra mk2 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:47

I just wanted to say thankyou to all the folk who are helping to make this new x3 game.

I had no idea this existed until last week and it feels great to know that i'm soon gonna be diving into some brand new adventures in x3.
I've been a dedicated fan since the very beginning but x3: tc/ap is the pinnacle of the series for me and i can see myself still playing it for many years to come.
I'm also really enjoying an x4 campaign at the moment so i dont know what i'm gonna do when x3:fl comes out!

The only thing i'm concerned about is plot missions in x3:fl. Is it going to be a total sandbox with generic missions available only or are we going to get some meaty plots to get stuck into?
I'm hoping there will be a similar amount of plot missions or even more as there was in x3:tc/ap.
"Out of the dirt, into the sky"

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Re: Thanks for making x3:fl

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 12. Apr 21, 23:04

cobra mk2 wrote:
Mon, 12. Apr 21, 02:47
The only thing i'm concerned about is plot missions in x3:fl. Is it going to be a total sandbox with generic missions available only or are we going to get some meaty plots to get stuck into?
Yes
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Klord
x3ap

Post by Klord » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 06:07

I too hope there are more than a single plot. Plots are what gives the meaning for building a sandbox empire.

Pretty sure AP (Operation Loose ends) will not be available as FL story comes after the AP. Still I believe other mini plots like Shady Business and Corporation troubles will be available. Or some brand new stuff.... 8)
X fanatic. More of an X3 fanatic.
What about X4? Nah, I prefer a space simulator rather than a walking simulator.

Herman2000
x4

Post by Herman2000 » Sat, 17. Apr 21, 15:43

Klord wrote:
Sat, 17. Apr 21, 06:07
I too hope there are more than a single plot. Plots are what gives the meaning for building a sandbox empire.

Pretty sure AP (Operation Loose ends) will not be available as FL story comes after the AP. Still I believe other mini plots like Shady Business and Corporation troubles will be available. Or some brand new stuff.... 8)
I doubt the previous plots will be actively present. The TC plots weren't exactly in AP (at least not without a mod), nor should there be a point to having them. After all, that would be like having the BtF plot in X² or X³.

AdrianB1
x3tc

Post by AdrianB1 » Sun, 18. Apr 21, 15:48

I found about this 15 minutes ago and I jumped here to find more info. I am extremely happy to find a new development for my favorite space sim of all times, it is a great day to find that I don't have to start again one of the old X3 games to have some good time in space.

As much as I would like to see a new game with a new engine based on X3, this is the best next thing. Thank you all for making it happen.

Return to “X³: Farnham's Legacy”