Removed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

geldonyetich
x4

Removed

Post by geldonyetich » Thu, 2. May 24, 17:30

xant wrote:
Thu, 2. May 24, 15:39
I don't know about your game, but it certainly ruins mine. Not by inflicting heavy losses, mind you, or by destroying vital infrastructure. It ruins my game by forcing me into this exceedingly annoying chain of events. Then it's wave after wave, and I can't go and do something else for more than 30 min, because that's when the next wave hits.

[...]

What else would you call it, when a game mechanic kills the entire joy and makes you not play the game? What else is it, than ruining my game? It might not be as bad for you as it is for me, and that's fine. But for me it is bad, and is in no way, shape, or form an exaggeration. I mean every word of what I said.
I would call it a mental attachment. Commonplace delusion. Which isn't an insult towards you: to delude ourselves into our attachments is to be human.

Truth is, your game is already ruined, you just don't know it yet. Let's say you have your stability. You grow your empire fully out, unopposed by something like the Existential Crisis. How many hundreds of hours did it take you to get here? How many more hours will it take for you to realize it's all for nothing? Your ships going through the same motions, day after day, making largely inconsequential numbers going up. Your magnificent safely nothing more than the bars of your mental cage trapping you in the same room as monotony?

What a difference a change of perspective makes.

It's this endgame monotony that the existential crisis ought to target, in my opinion. And leaving you alone in your cage is probably the worst thing they can do.

geldonyetich
x4

Re: [FEEDBACK] Existential Crisis

Post by geldonyetich » Thu, 2. May 24, 18:15

I'm sorry. It's just tricky to provide the feedback requested about the existential crisis feature when we don't have much context about what it is intended to accomplish.
Xenon_Slayer wrote:
Wed, 3. Apr 24, 12:12
  • General Feedback on the crisis system as a whole
What is it supposed to be as a whole? We can tell you what we see in the game, but without much context we can only speculate how to interpret it.
  • Feedback with regards to when the crisis starts (player readiness for example)
Well, we haven't been told what it's fi, so we're going to end up debating whether or not we're ready for it without much sense of what Egosoft is going for here.
  • Feedback on the strength of the Crisis or individual ships
What's the intended goal? Are they there to provide a meaningful fight? To be something we can defeat easily? To knock us back to the start of the game and painfully rebuild?
  • Feedback on how relevant the location is for the player, where the crisis appeared
Relevant in what way? When they appear out of nowhere and go for our weakest holdings, what is the point? What were you going for here?

This might look like bickering, but we're trying to figure this out. If the developers aren't setting these definitions, are they asking us to? Well, if so, debate is inevitable.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Removed

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. May 24, 19:03

The forum rules for the forum as a whole wrote:
Thu, 31. Aug 17, 12:06
* Discussion of any action taken by a moderator or site administrator is not permitted. This includes discussion of warnings, bans or locked topics, and also the re-starting of a topic that has just been locked.
If you disagree with a moderator, PM them. The matter is not up for debate on the public forum.
The forum rules for this forum wrote:
Thu, 6. Dec 18, 17:48
• Posts in this forum are limited to feedback involving problems with the currently released version and/or the current Beta patch or update. Posts involving other subjects including but not limited to general discussion of the game, the company or the development process, general gameplay enquiries, new feature ideas, hardware recommendations, complaints, questions about the future releases, and any thread containing arguments between individuals, may be locked or deleted by the moderators without prior warning.
If you wish to have a debate with other forum users, use the main forum. Not this one.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”