[7.0 Beta 4] Dal Does Not Shut His Trap - Fixed

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Rastuasi
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 4] Dal Does Not Shut His Trap

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 3. May 24, 13:43

Tato7 wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 13:25
Rastuasi wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 05:49
Tato7 wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 05:24
It appears the station you were meant to meet the contact at just got destroyed!

Can confirm it at the same step as the others, when you have to deploy an advanced satellite, it keeps changing station (and Dal won't ever shut up)

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8y58aw40 ... ml.gz/file
See that is not the case for me. My adv satellite is still at the initial station, that person was still there, but he generated a dozen rooms on that station. So no station destroyed and my satellite was already out BEFORE the beta.
Ahh i see, i hadnt places they satélite yet in my game. Also the original station was never destroyed either, it was an equipment dock in antigone memorial if im not mistaken and its still there.
Yes and as y'all seem to be at different stages, mind uploading your saves? Not just you, but speaking to thread in general. I think I saw one save added. The more we add the more likely they can pinpoint the issue!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. May 24, 13:52

Just to save people time, we probably don't need more saves at this stage. We think we've identified the problem and are working on a fix.

stillsuit
x4

Post by stillsuit » Fri, 3. May 24, 13:55

Happened to me. Was doing terran quest (war plot).
  1. After entering The Void, was met by argon border police and a scripted Scale Plate Behemoth encounter.
  2. But Behemot, after firing a few salvos (and missing) started to maneuver away, border police didn't react to anything.
  3. I waited for a minute and then flew away, aggroing them. Fled into Antigone Memorial, as I needed to buy an adv satellite, and this is when Dal started talking about destoryed station.
  4. After I bought satellite I couldn't plant it, as every time Dal says about destroyed station it changed mission location (all within Antigone Memorial).
  5. Reloading, leaving Sntigone Memorial, and even preplanting the sattelite (as it often switches back to the previous stations) didn't help.
Mission log for "Meeting" mission also got spammed with "plant satellite - completed" every time station changes.
Before I crossed border patrol, everything worked as intended.
Attaching save file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/126kSAg ... sp=sharing

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:04

Rastuasi wrote:
Thu, 2. May 24, 20:21
An update, it might be a terran quest, because I noticed Terran reputation gain every time he spoke, I'm up to 26 now in my furtherly progressed save and no ships of mine are in Terran space. So not only is Dal stuck in a loop, but I am getting free rep for listening to him.
I've got the same problem!!! But just let Dal keep talking :-)

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 4] Dal Does Not Shut His Trap - Fixed

Post by Tranxalive » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:07

The issue has been fixed in Beta 4 Hotfix 1. :)

Dal should now be a lot more quiet.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:07

Please note that it may take a few moments for any already-queued messages to clear before he finally shuts up!

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 3. May 24, 17:36

Beta 4 HF1

Can confirm - issue fixed!. Thanks for listening. :)

Rastuasi
x4

Post by Rastuasi » Fri, 3. May 24, 19:33

Interesting that this was marked fixed before I, the OP, confirmed, especially since we all were at different stages in that quest. All that said, I can confirm it's fixed for me as well! It also progressed the quest to get Delilah to call me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. May 24, 19:38

Rastuasi wrote:
Fri, 3. May 24, 19:33
Interesting that this was marked fixed before I, the OP, confirmed...
That's because we used your savegame as the main test case for checking that it had worked. :)

Tato7
x4

Post by Tato7 » Fri, 3. May 24, 21:11

Can confirm it works for me too, now it recognises when i place the satellite and i can progress the plot.

I played like 5 hours with Dal yabbering at my ears... i kind it miss it now.

Thanks!

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”