7.0 Beta 3: Can't buy anything at Segaris Space Lab

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Itchy
x4

7.0 Beta 3: Can't buy anything at Segaris Space Lab

Post by Itchy » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 23:51

Regardless whether I give the command to my ship, in sector or out of sector or I do the trade manually while piloting the ship (see screenshots), I cannot buy anything. When I buy stuff, the trade fails and the credits are instantly refunded.

Can provide savefile if required.
Attachments
20240430233242_1.jpg
20240430233257_1.jpg

thedavid
x4

Re: 7.0 Beta 3: Can't buy anything at Segaris Space Lab

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 02:17

Please check if you are selling and buying at the same time, or otherwise have anything in your cargo hold.

For example, if you are trying to sell MRE and at the same time buy medical supplies, you need to do it in two different transactions. If you try to do both in one transaction then the game takes a look and sees that you can't actually buy anything because you don't have room. So after taking your money, it cancels the transaction and refunds you. This used to happen to me all the time when doing "Xenon threaten food supplies" missions.

So instead, first sell what you need to sell. Wait for that transaction to finish. Then trade again and buy what you need to buy. If your problem is the same as mine, that will fix it.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 02:30

Wow, it's funny. I was looking at the screenshots and I was like, huh, that's not English. Then I remembered, X4 is made by a German company.

The game plays so well in English I just never think about it. And I have to say, the writing in X4 is better than what even companies from English speaking countries can do.

Cough, Starfield, Cough, Elite, Ahem. Excuse me. Just clearing my throat.

Itchy
x4

Post by Itchy » Wed, 1. May 24, 07:51

thedavid wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 02:17
Please check if you are selling and buying at the same time, or otherwise have anything in your cargo hold.
I'm not selling anything and my cargo hold is completely empty...

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 13:34

I'll test this and see if I can confirm it. It think you should probably provide a save file for a devs to take a look.

thedavid
x4

Post by thedavid » Wed, 1. May 24, 14:50

I popped in and could not reproduce this bug. I did encounter a bug where I could not take over command of the Phoenix E. However, I started a new game and gave myself a Phoenix E again and it was fine. So I call that a temporary glitch.

Maybe try starting a new game in creative and see if you can buy from Spacelab. If you can, then this might be a temporary glitch and not a full bug that the devs will be able to reproduce and fix.

Itchy
x4

Post by Itchy » Wed, 1. May 24, 16:30

Thanks for testing.

I mean I have the save game if the devs want to investigate what's wrong with the station. All other Segaris stations seem to be working fine it's just the lab that's bugged for me.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 2. May 24, 09:00

Itchy wrote:
Wed, 1. May 24, 16:30
I mean I have the save game if the devs want to investigate what's wrong with the station.
Please don't wait to be asked before providing a savegame. We pretty much always do want one, which is why this is among the information requested in the rules at the top of the forum. Not providing it just delays anything being able to be done about a report.

Itchy
x4

Post by Itchy » Thu, 2. May 24, 20:09

Here's the save:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yVqatM ... drive_link

I just tested with Beta 4, bug still persists. However I noticed that when I buy several different wares at once (instead of only one type, doesn't matter which one), it somehow works.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”