[7.0 b3] The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

alexearth4

[7.0 b3] The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

Post by alexearth4 » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 14:29

Hopefully not intended, as it makes it the pre-fire reticle nearly worthless when playing without aim assist, but the pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account.
Even with aim assist on, the pre-firing reticle is still positioned wrong (luckily it's not a big deal there, because the weapons track correctly even though the pre-fire reticle is positioned differently), but it makes playing without aim assist painful (I prefer playing without aim assist on small nimble ships, because the slow gimbal tracking with aim assist ON is annoying me, I turn off aim assist so my weapons always stay centered, don't want them to move around the screen).

I have recorded a video showcasing this: https://youtu.be/QKDBHywt5CA?si=O5h2YBo12g8vbbjW
There you can see that the pre-fire reticle is not moving and stays dead-on the target, even when I'm strafing using my ship's lats, regardless of my assist mode (however aim assist on ignores the wrong pre-fire reticle and shoots correctly).

For a comparison, here's how it was in X3 and Rebirth https://youtu.be/q1Z8Oro56qs?si=AymbduxuqSZhoIKZ
There the pre-fire reticle correctly moves as I use strafing, it takes the lateral movement into account, and shows the correct location where you should be shooting to land your shots.

alexearth4

Re: [7.0 b3] The pre-fire reticle is not taking your ship's lateral movement into account

Post by alexearth4 » Tue, 7. May 24, 07:45

Update, no change in beta 4. Not weapon specific, all weapons that I tried had this problem so far.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”