[feedback] screen shaking

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Halpog
x4

[feedback] screen shaking

Post by Halpog » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 08:30

please , please please dear egosoft.. get ridd of the screenshaking whn a ship is stukcing or hit something.....
since beta 3 i encounter more and more ships stuicking again, at objects like asteroids, or station moduls....
and everytime i try to teleport to them to maybe get them out manualy i alsmost have to vomit thanks for the screen shaking effect....
ts even worse than any stuff for epelepticans.
an alarm sound would do much muhc much better than this.
please let us stop this

ange
x4

Re: [feedback] screen shaking

Post by ange » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:58

Space has no medium that transmits pressure waves. This shocking effect interrupt me because it is unreal. That's why I agree with you. Well, if debris hits my ship or I fly into an object, then shacking is ok.
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 18:27

ange wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:58
Space has no medium that transmits pressure waves. This shocking effect interrupt me because it is unreal. That's why I agree with you. Well, if debris hits my ship or I fly into an object, then shacking is ok.
yeah , but once is enough not like this and not that strong .. i had to just alt+f4 more times now the game because u cant klick on anything anymore if a ship gets stuck and the screen shakes like that ......

ange
x4

Post by ange » Wed, 1. May 24, 08:52

Halpog wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 18:27
ange wrote:
Tue, 30. Apr 24, 10:58
yeah , but once is enough not like this and not that strong .. i had to just alt+f4 more times now the game because u cant klick on anything anymore if a ship gets stuck and the screen shakes like that ......
My huge Asgard is shaked because a micro KHK hunter explodes. Unrealistic even for SciFi.
If you like your joystick to vibrate, you should be able to have this function as an option under Force Feedback in Control. :gruebel:
P.S. Ich bete zu Egosoft, das Bernd uns mehr als Terraforming schenkt um weiterhin neue und spannendere Abenteuer zu erleben. :lol:

ange
x4

Post by ange » Sun, 5. May 24, 09:24

Karsten Danzmann, director of the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, says, "But nothing wobbles in space."
He says this in the context of humanity's largest planned gravitational wave detector. A laser beam between several satellites must reach its target perfectly over 2.5 million kilometers.

And Egosoft wants to force a physics absurdity on us in a space game?

Source:
https://www.mdr.de/wissen/astronomie-ra ... i-100.html

Why I love space games? As a child I wanted to be an astronaut. Today I want to give myself a feeling of space through games like X. Unfortunately, I know a lot about space. Every time I notice physical impossibilities in the game, I automatically sit at the gaming computer in my living room and get annoyed about the interruption.
You can't hear noises in space either. No medium that transmits the waves. But, I tell myself, there is the possibility of using lasers to measure the vibration of an object and derive the noise from it.
A wobble can occur if my spaceship is hit by something. An Asgard would definitely weigh thousands of tons. Why does the masses care if a small M or S ship rushes in there? No wobbling! Perhaps a barely measurable tremor but no wobbling! :P

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”