[7.00 beta 3] Torus Aeternal stuck in hub

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

MageKingS70
x4

[7.00 beta 3] Torus Aeternal stuck in hub

Post by MageKingS70 » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 23:57

I can't recall if I've actually managed to complete this quest on any of the beta versions yet—I've been trying to test as many things as I could, and then a lot of the bugs I've found wound up getting fixed before I had a chance to report them—but I finally got around to entering the Torus Aeternal on my latest save and quickly found myself stuck, after getting through the first few doors. After reaching the hub, the conversation between the ship's computer and the Torus's (the one that has the "Estimate time until..." "Indefinitely." exchanges) never triggered. I'm sitting in my space suit, waiting for the switches to become interactable, but they never did. I finally saved and reloaded to see if it would fix itself; it did not. I've attached that save; it has all five (the four DLC plus ventures) Egosoft extensions enabled and no other modifications.
Attachments
save_003.xml - Torus stuck.gz
(46.1 MiB) Downloaded 2 times

MageKingS70
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 3] Torus Aeternal stuck in hub

Post by MageKingS70 » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 01:30

UPDATE (we can't edit posts here? really?): I teleported back to HQ and spent some time repairing ships with my repair laser (my S/M fabrication bay is only 59% done) when suddenly, when I was almost finished my third ship, the conversation between the two computers abruptly started. Given that there was already a not-insignificant waiting period before I made the save, this is quite the delay.

MageKingS70
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 3] Torus Aeternal stuck in hub

Post by MageKingS70 » Fri, 3. May 24, 01:00

For what it's worth, I just did this mission again in beta 4 and had no weird delays, so I think this has been fixed.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”