Beta 7.00 V3 Build 529848 - Game become modified for unknown reason - resolved

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Zekavin
x4

Beta 7.00 V3 Build 529848 - Game become modified for unknown reason - resolved

Post by Zekavin » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 19:59

Beta 7.00 v3 build 529848

How it's happenned ?
I quick save a game (F5), reload it after a few minute and it's says my game is now modified.

Thing's I've tested
Disabled Workshop updates
Start a new game
I removed all extension installed (except those from Egosoft) (even if they are disabled) from the X4 folder and it's still modified.

Now, i'm just stuck with a modified game and I have no idea how to fix it. My save folder may be synced with Google Drive
Any suggestions ?

Scoob
x4

Re: Beta 7.00 V3 Build 529848 - Game become modified for unknown reason

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 20:24

No idea, sorry. Last time this happened to be, it was due to a borked GoG update. I was still able to test, as game was technically vanilla, but I had to put an "It's GoG's fault" caveat on every Save I uploaded.

While you've remove all Extensions, is it possible something in the main folder (not extensions) has been changed somehow. Steam verify will check files that should be there and ensure they are what they're supposed to be. It won't however, replace added files. I'd be tempted to remove the folder entirely, and let steam download it again from scratch. How good your internet connection is dictates how painful that might be of course.

Monstrosity
x4

Post by Monstrosity » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:00

They are gonna need a save file in order to check...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:20

In this case I'm not sure that a save will necessarily help. The problem is likely to be that the game installation is modified or corrupt. A full Steam file verification should solve it, but of course any savegames that have been saved with the game modified will themselves be marked as modified.

Zekavin
x4

Post by Zekavin » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 01:04

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 24, 22:20
In this case I'm not sure that a save will necessarily help. The problem is likely to be that the game installation is modified or corrupt. A full Steam file verification should solve it, but of course any savegames that have been saved with the game modified will themselves be marked as modified.
The save wouldn't help since the "Modified status" appear on the main screen. Every new game are modified aswell. I will check later to verify or reinstall to see if it's keep going and keep it updated. In theory nothing is sppose to happens on that drive but we never know. (No antivirus scan, saves, etc)

I don't think i ever got the problem aswell with over 2400 hours of gameplay (or afking) unless I actually used mods so this is a bit odd

Zekavin
x4

Post by Zekavin » Wed, 1. May 24, 22:34

Well it's fixed when I checked the installation files / move it to my main hard drive. I don't get it but well... Thanks for the help

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”