[7.0 Beta 2] Ships refuse to attack Capture target (Save) - WAI since 7.00

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 2] Ships refuse to attack Capture target (Save) - WAI since 7.00

Post by Scoob » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 23:36

Hi,

Please examine this saved game.

In it, I'm mid-boarding operation on an SCA Freighter. As I need to damage it to speed up the boarding (it's at 100% hull) I brought in a Fighter group to help deal damage. I've used this group (who's main role is Defence of a Station) several times to great effect. However, when I order them ("Fighter Group 02") to attack the target, their order gets CANCELLED, and they fly back to their home station. I've ordered them to ATTACK the boarding target multiple times, but they immediately head home.

Load the save, and order "Fighter Group 02" - they're in Grand Exchange I - to attack, for me, they reliably break off and head home.

Note: Just before this Save, "Fighter Group 02" were set to follow "Boarding Group 01". I simply ordered them to attack the boarding target and they flew off.

I've tried this multiple times, even ordering "Fighter Group 02" to fly to a point near the boarding target first. However, every single time I give the attack order, they instantly cancel it. Is this some deliberate behaviour to protect a boarding target? My Marines are already aboard and, due to how boarding works, I might have a long wait if I DON'T damage the hull.

Note 2: Usually I'd damage the hull first. Indeed, I did this, then a LARGE Paranid fleet entered the sector and quickly destroyed the boarding target. I reloaded and DIDN'T damage the ship, and the Paranid fleet then didn't attack...

Scoob
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Ships refuse to attack Capture target (Save)

Post by Scoob » Fri, 12. Apr 24, 23:41

Clicked "Submit" rather than "Preview" sorry about that...

If I select to "Remove all orders and assignments" to "Fighter Group 02" so they're no longer subordinates of the Station, they initially seem like they're going to attack - the order didn't instantly cancel - but, after a moment or two, they cancel the order.

Based on the other boarding I've done - albeit that they were in Beta 1 - I'd suggest that perhaps something about Marines being aboard is blocking my attack. This would be GREAT if it stopped that PAR Fleet - or other Factions - from attacking my boarding targets, but I've had boarding targets shot out from under me a number of times now.

Note: I used the "Maintain Distance" setting for the actual boarding ships during this operation, if that has any influence.

kennet0508
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Ships refuse to attack Capture target (Save) - WAI since 7.00

Post by kennet0508 » Tue, 23. Apr 24, 20:57

Same experience tried boarding a Split Wyvern, flied in, destroyed engines and turrets manually and got the marines in place to the second stage. since its taking a long time (since the hull is at 100%) i figured id accelerate the proccess of entry by hammering it a little.
i order a few low tier fighters to start attacking the wyvern as my Xenon B wasnt even scratching the paint. (these were unasigned fighters) once they get the attack order, their orders get removed so they just sit there idling with no orders. I havent tested if they could "join" the boarding order or done further testing.

It definetly feels a little "off" if this is the intended purpose. perhaps it should trigger the boarding menu or adding them to the boarding order instead of deleting the orders.

Scoob
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 2] Ships refuse to attack Capture target (Save) - WAI since 7.00

Post by Scoob » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 17:31

I'd actually forgotten about this one, but just noticed it'd been marked as WAI.

Part of the reason I forgot about was, on a subsequent boarding mission, my Fighter wing were happily attacking my boarding target with Marines already aboard. I'm just a little confused now if them NOT attacking with Marines aboard is the intended behaviour.

I will need to test this again and see if it lets my Fighters attack a second time.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”