[7.0 Beta 1] Problem Talking to NPC's

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

[7.0 Beta 1] Problem Talking to NPC's

Post by Scoob » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 12:41

Hi,

No save for this, as that won't reproduce it - at least, it doesn't for me.

Basically, sometimes I go to talk to an NPC and they're unresponsive, like my click to "Talk" simply isn't acknowledged at all. This is most common after I've just interacted with them. For example, I might have asked a Pilot of mine to give me their collected Inventory Wares. They'll do this just fine. I'll check what they've given me, then go to talk to them again and they're unresponsive. Waiting ten seconds or so usually sees them responding again. Another example might be the Faction Reps. I "receive rank" and let them do their speech. Once done I want to talk to them to buy a Blueprint and they're unresponsive. I wait ten seconds or so and now they're responding again.

Note: that I ALWAYS get "Talk" pop-up when looking at them, it's simply that clicking to actually talk does nothing...until it does, a few seconds later. Very minor problem, but irksome none the less.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [7.0 Beta 1] Problem Talking to NPC's

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 12:51

It sounds as though the game has a queue of things to do or inputs to process at that moment. For that reason, a save made as the problem first happens may give the devs an idea of what is contributing to the issue even if the problem eventually goes away on loading it. Also a link to a DxDiag would be handy for referencing any likely system hardware/driver/peripheral contributions. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

user1679

Post by user1679 » Tue, 9. Apr 24, 05:56

I've had this happen in 6.x too when I try to pick up an NPC for a taxi mission. Save/reload always clears it so there seems to be some sort of lag happening that causes the CUE to generate the conversation not to work.

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tranxalive » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 17:18

Keep trying to find a way to reliably reproduce the issue. :)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 17:28

Tranxalive wrote:
Mon, 29. Apr 24, 17:18
Keep trying to find a way to reliably reproduce the issue. :)
I suspect this might be one of those issues that a Save / Reload cycle prevents from happening again. Had it happen again last night - I was just going to buy a BP. Interestingly, I've found that often simply double-clicking on the NPC, rather than the usual single-click, will see them respond. It's not 100% guarranteed, but if a single-click sees them fail to respond, a double-click just might elicit a response from them.

Note: this issue seems to be almost exclusive to faction reps for me. I can generally reliably chat to crew (usually Pilots) on my ships for example. The one exception being, which I've raised as a separate issue, the Captains on Phoenix E's.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”