[7.00 beta 1][MAYBE BUG / FEEDBACK] Kha'ak Ravager surface elements not targetable / destroyable

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Dilandau
x4

[7.00 beta 1][MAYBE BUG / FEEDBACK] Kha'ak Ravager surface elements not targetable / destroyable

Post by Dilandau » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:26

Is is intentional that you can not "disarm" the Kha'ak Ravager?

I can only target and destroy the main shields. Which is kinda useless since a that point i can just gun down the hull instead.

I can see that you don't want the player hide in a deadzone of the weapons slowly disarming it. It reduces the threat of this ship to the player.
But this tactic is only usefull as the player. S / M ships are useless agains this thing now.
Against a Xenon I i can throw a bunch of small fighters. Yes i will lose a lot but eventually they will destroy the turrents and engines.
The Kha'ak Ravager just picks them off one by one without breaking a sweat.

Casishur
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 1][MAYBE BUG / FEEDBACK] Kha'ak Ravager surface elements not targetable / destroyable

Post by Casishur » Sun, 7. Apr 24, 23:50

At first, I thought they were in the main weapon group, but the hittable tag is actually missing in their xml
Here is an example from the code of the Ship_kha_l_destroyer (line 439 - 444)

Code: Select all

<connection name="con_turret_l_01" group="  group_mid_left " tags="combat khaak large missile turret ">
        <offset>
          <position x="-101.7594" y="-83.72247" z="-425.6538" />
          <quaternion qx="-0.1069714" qy="-0.00471571" qz="-0.9085208" qw="-0.4038873" />
        </offset>
      </connection>

yes it is possible to use turrets as main weapon with a small workaround, but this is another topic. <-- I first had this thought that they wanted to use this now :)
CPU Typ Ryzen 9 3900x
Grafikkarte Radeon RX 6600 XT 8GB
Arbeitsspeicher: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200MHz
Motherboard Name/Typ MSI B550 Gaming Plus
Win 10 64 bit

Betty : Autopilot.... hat.... total Versagt.

Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/Casishur

Tranxalive
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: [7.00 beta 1][MAYBE BUG / FEEDBACK] Kha'ak Ravager surface elements not targetable / destroyable

Post by Tranxalive » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 15:42

A save would be useful. :)

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Mon, 29. Apr 24, 20:35

I believe the intention is to prevent players from easily destroying the Ravager with fighters alone. Players are required to use a considerable number of M fighters or a destroyer to take it down.

I'd opt to bypass the hassle and take it down using a destroyer—it's an easy target for a player-driven destroyer,

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”