[Feedback][7.00 b1] Scrap deliveries are still horribly inefficient

This forum provides information on obtaining access to Public Beta versions of X4: Foundations allowing people running those versions to provide feedback on their experiences.

Moderator: DevNet Public Moderators

Scoob
x4

Re: [Feedback][7.00 b1] Scrap deliveries are still horribly inefficient

Post by Scoob » Fri, 3. May 24, 16:44

It is frustrating. My own Scrap Processor (three modules) is sat there will ALL Processors idle currently, despite a long list of Manticores that are apparently 00:00 away. They're not, that is simply incorrect as they're not even trying to return, they're just sat there where they collected the scrap. After a wait, two Manticores did slowly start to return to the station.

So, picture this:

EMPTY Scrap Processors

A dozen or so Manticores each ALREADY towing a Scrap Cube.

None returning to drop off.

Why?

Sure, two of those Manticores did eventually start to return, but why the delay?

Manticores need to start heading back the to station the MOMENT they pick up a wreck or a scrap cube. Period. No more waiting around. As they are SLOW to return anyway, the need to start heading back right away. This means that when a Processor does become free, less time is wasted.

There are other issues, but it's fundamental that the basic delivery of scrap works well. This alone will help a LOT.

So, while v7.0 generally sees deliveries going to a Scrap Processor module that's actually free, unlike v6.2. There are other delays to the delivery process that ideally need addressing before v7.0 is ready. I've submitted saves previously that back up what I'm saying. I've reloaded them and see what I've reported. A single Scrap Processor would be much more efficient and spend far less time idle if deliveries were as described. But even without that, a single scrap processor is working better than multiple. Two scrap processors should be able to produce DOUBLE the scrap metal of a single one, all else being equal. However, they do not.

I need to re-test the whole weirdness with multiple scrap processors on one station not behaving right. An entire scrap cube clearly fully consumed (Processor goes idle) after ONE cycle is clearly not as intended. Plus it delivering only 45% of the actual scrap value is bad too. I wonder if anyone has managed to recreate that yet? I did, for me, I noted all numbers scrap in, scrap out, number of cycles etc. and it was consistent for me. Need to retest though as I said.

Mr.Killer
x4

Re: [Feedback][7.00 b1] Scrap deliveries are still horribly inefficient

Post by Mr.Killer » Sat, 4. May 24, 09:49

@scoob, I hope the devs agree, it should not stall like this, it is tediously frustrating to see scrap go to waist. Overall I think the whole production process is a bit '-off-' every thing produced is either slow or not in synch with the results. Noticed some bits when researching things that need products, so after it being in wait for a few hundred of product (can't say which it was) so I stepped in an assigned cargo mercury and went to stations myself, when this started, halfway, I got the message that the research was finished :o :o :o been waiting for half a day to let the station do this !!!! and when I take the controls it almost instantly is finished?
Can't produce a savegame no more (have already a few hundred gigabytes of savegames for the devs to chew on in this forum)

So, let's wait for the update, and keep biting my tongue, hope the rest of frustrationists are doing the same, because the whole package is a beautiful game, can't argue about that!

Go dev team! :) :) :) :)
Ps. Computers can make errors, they are made and programmed by error-making humans. :D

Return to “X4: Foundations - Public Beta Feedback”