Derelict Ships & Long Range Scanners

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nikola515
x4

Derelict Ships & Long Range Scanners

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 02:30

Does anyone have luck finding abandoned ships with long range scanners and what color are they marked ? I was explaining for almost 2h and I found only anomalies,vaults and lootboxes... I noticed that brown/gray(whatever color they are) object wont show all the time. I sometimes can hear ping but nothing will show even though it showed something before at same place (bug perhaps)? Also is capturing abandoned ships same as in XR ?
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Legionnaire
x4

Re: Derelict Ships & Long Range Scanners

Post by Legionnaire » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 02:48

Captyring/claiming ships is somewhat different, because you need a physical pilot in a ship to give it commands, software alone no longer works.
You can get out of your ship and approach with your spacesuit in scan mode to find an interactive damaged area you can access, then claim the ship, but if you do that and intend too fly the ship yourself, you need a pilot on your existing ship to fly that back.
I now carry at least 1 marine as they can be used to claim bailed ships and will fly them to wherever you want. I havent yet tried capturing a larger ship.

I havent yet found anything abandoned in space.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sun, 2. Dec 18, 03:08

Thank you:)
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

PreSpawn
x4

Post by PreSpawn » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 10:42

I personally haven't found any derelict ships with Long Range Scanner. Found only two so far, flying around with map open, you can regognize them because they are factionless listed under "other ships"(No TEL/ARG/MIN... in front of their names). Look at my Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ9rsNQ7uZ4.
I read somewhere that the mines surrounding the derelicts give pings and/or questionmarks with long-range-scanner. But as said, i didn't have any luck with that.
X2: Ace of Aces 2nd - Advanced Mogul
X3: Overlord - Master Industrialist
XTM: Battlemaster - Manufacturer
X3TC: Hero - Capitalist
X3AP: Battlemaster - Manufacturer (146 Stunden)
XR: (108 Stunden)
X4: (224 Stunden) (https://www.twitch.tv/andimech)

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 13:56

I've had almost 20 hours in my current game, much of it spent exploring. However, while I've found lots of mine clusters, there has never been a ship there. The only ships I've claimed are the couple of S-Class ones I've forced to bail. That's it. Others seem to be finding bailed ships constantly, from S-Class all the way up.

I did wonder if, by some quirk, these ships only appear if you've started a certain mission sequence? I've deliberately avoided triggering it so far, preferring to just do my own thing for the moment. I don't see why this might be the case, but equally I have no idea why there have been no derelict ships in my game so far either.

Scoob.

Shadukar

Post by Shadukar » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 15:31

I Found an Osprey last night. First time i came up on it got out and EVA around it. Then blew up because i didn't see the mines around it. (Not mission mines) Loaded a save and went back but rememered I needed an NPC pilot on my ship and Marines. Hired two marines and a NPC pilot. Flew up manually blew up the mines. Hard to hit with no target lock. Once the mines were clear I was able to Scan it Shift+2 Target ship, F, Select scan. Then select Claim from the same menu. Took the Marine Boarding pod about 4 minutes to find a spot to land. Then It was mine. My first captured ship and its a Large class Frigate. I was happy.

Jawms
x4

Post by Jawms » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 17:50

I found a Paranid Destroyer in one of the far off Xenon sectors.. Forget which one now, but it was surrounded by like 30 mines, and it took FOREVER to board and capture.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Mon, 3. Dec 18, 18:23

Jawms wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 17:50
I found a Paranid Destroyer in one of the far off Xenon sectors.. Forget which one now, but it was surrounded by like 30 mines, and it took FOREVER to board and capture.
Not quite as long as gaining the rep, saving up and buying one though I expect lol.

Scoob.

toepick
x4

Post by toepick » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 04:37

I have found two M class ships so far, a miner and I think it was the bomber something. Was pretty random.. seems some people have better luck at finding abandoned ships. However I did notice something.

Clusters of mines picked up with the long range scan as a '?' never have a ship in them. (For me anyways so far).

The mines around abandoned ships will NOT show up on long range scan, you have to carefully look around for the orange glowy things. I learned quick that right before trying to pick them off is a good time for a quick save game lol.

What I am wondering is if you have to first throw out a long range scan in order for an abandoned ship to show up on the map, or if you can just fly around and look for them.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 08:08

When I find abandoned ships, the Long Range scan ping will show any mines around the ship. Once mines are cleared I launch a Marine, If The Marine is having trouble boarding and just circles the target, i leave system and the marine seems to instantly claim the target. I assume due to OOS physics being disabled.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

aikjo2
x4

Post by aikjo2 » Tue, 4. Dec 18, 09:35

Scoob wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 18:23
Jawms wrote:
Mon, 3. Dec 18, 17:50
Not quite as long as gaining the rep, saving up and buying one though I expect lol.

Scoob.
It's in faulty logic 7, due west(?) of the defence platform. you'll find it

Use an EMP Bomb on it, then repair the fractures it makes in the ship and voila - it's yours with no damage from the marines.
Eagles May Soar,
But rabbits don't get sucked into jet engines.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”