[BUG] Boron Story: Positioning issue after story part

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

elcheffo
x4

[BUG] Boron Story: Positioning issue after story part

Post by elcheffo » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 21:25

After completing a part of the Boron plot, I end up stuck on a carrier that I cannot leave without dying:
Spoiler
Show
After completing the story mission "Der rechte Weg" (the right way?), I am left on the "Reminiszenz an Menelaus", the Boron Shark carrier. During final debriefing it flew far into the dangerous area.

If I try to undock from it, the dangerous region effects quickly destroy my Boron Mako. I currently do not have any ship that could survive that travel, nor do I have the money to buy one.
Also I have not unlocked teleporting yet, so I am stuck on the "Reminiszenz an Menelaus".
Apparently the carrier is not moving around, so there is no hope in just waiting for it to get to a safe region before undocking.

Save:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdrfwpdzjg6mb ... ml.gz?dl=0

xant
x4

Re: [BUG] Boron Story: Positioning issue after story part

Post by xant » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 21:41

If I may ask, what keeps you from unlocking Teleportation I at least? It's very cheap and the money you should've gotten for completing the mission should be enough to cover the material costs.

Then you could get a ship into the sector near the gate and teleport into it.

But I agree that the carrier ought to go to another sector after the mission.

elcheffo
x4

Post by elcheffo » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:01

xant wrote:If I may ask, what keeps you from unlocking Teleportation I at least?
I had actually bought another Boron scout ship "Qualle" (Jellyfish?), so I don't have much money left. But even then, I would have to give up that mako (or sell it).

I actually managed to get the Shark to move again (after many retries) by undocking and ramming it. This worked mostly because the effect of the dangerous region does not apply if close enough to the Shark...

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:08

elcheffo wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 22:01
xant wrote:If I may ask, what keeps you from unlocking Teleportation I at least?
I had actually bought another Boron scout ship "Qualle" (Jellyfish?), so I don't have much money left. But even then, I would have to give up that mako (or sell it).
Irukandji :)

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”