Deliver 50 units Bofo to Boso Ta - cant complete mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Masten
x4

Deliver 50 units Bofo to Boso Ta - cant complete mission

Post by Masten » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 20:52

When the ship lands at my headquarters the message 'Waiting for trade to finish' appears. But, I haven't gone into trade yet. The bofo is gone from the ship and is in the headquarters inventory. The mission log says I have to use the menu to transfer. But there is nothing to transfer. Cant complete the mission.

rand__
x4

Re: Deliver 50 units Bofo to Boso Ta - cant complete mission

Post by rand__ » Fri, 14. Apr 23, 15:05

I had the same issue,

I think you need to sell it (Trade, not Transfer Wares), that fixed it for me.

Masten
x4

Post by Masten » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 19:38

I cant manually sell it because its automatically transferred - I have no choice. I tried restoring an earlier save, but it has the same problem - auto transfer as soon as ship lands. I tried an much earlier save - same issue. I gave up playing.
Besides this issue, there are constant stutters at exactly 1 sec, game crashes, graphics driver crashes, etc etc. You would think a RTX3080Ti could handle even the LOW graphical settings, but not in this case. Never had problems until this DLC, I could run at Ultra w/o any problems.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 20:22

The BoFu is not automatically transfered - it takes a manual trade command and the ware is highlighted if the mission is active. Dock the ship at the HQ and use the trade command from the docking menu. This is how mission related wares have to be delivered.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

Masten
x4

Post by Masten » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 22:57

For the 3rd time - I cant, as soon as the ship lands its auto transferred. I know how to do a manual transfer, its just not an option.
Not sure how many ways I can say it.
Last edited by Masten on Sat, 15. Apr 23, 23:01, edited 1 time in total.

chew-ie
x4

Post by chew-ie » Sat, 15. Apr 23, 23:01

For the 2nd time ( ;) ) - there is no "auto transfer of wares" feature in the game. You have to specify what and how much you want to trade - always.

Please upload your save to any free filehoster and post the link for further investigation. This is neither normal nor can I reproduce it in my game.

Spoiler
Show
BurnIt: Boron and leaks don't go well together...
Königinnenreich von Boron: Sprich mit deinem Flossenführer
Nila Ti: Folgt mir, ihr Kavalkade von neugierigen Kreaturen!

:idea: Pick your poison seed [for custom gamestarts]
:idea: Feature request: paint jobs on custom starts

bogate
x4

Post by bogate » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 12:31

You can transfer the BoFu back to your ship. You need to "trade" it using the "trade" menu instead of transfering it using the "transfer wares" menu

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 12:49

Load a save up before it happens
If your ship has an AI Pilot, right click on it on the map and choose Remove all orders and assignments
Now make sure the ship is selected, then find your PHQ on the map and right click it, choose Trade with
Shift the slider of Bofu to max 50, and click confirm
The ship will auto trade the amount and it should complete the mission, it did for me anyway.

One thing though, I noticed when I bought the Bofu there were two Bofu choices at the station, one had the orange mission marker next to it and only had 50, the other was just the stations stock of Bofu and there was loads of it .. I wonder if you bought the wrong one would it make a difference.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Raptor34
x4

Post by Raptor34 » Sun, 16. Apr 23, 17:07

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Sun, 16. Apr 23, 12:49
Load a save up before it happens
If your ship has an AI Pilot, right click on it on the map and choose Remove all orders and assignments
Now make sure the ship is selected, then find your PHQ on the map and right click it, choose Trade with
Shift the slider of Bofu to max 50, and click confirm
The ship will auto trade the amount and it should complete the mission, it did for me anyway.

One thing though, I noticed when I bought the Bofu there were two Bofu choices at the station, one had the orange mission marker next to it and only had 50, the other was just the stations stock of Bofu and there was loads of it .. I wonder if you bought the wrong one would it make a difference.
They did say you can find your own opportunity. But for me, these quests are finicky enough that I always try to follow the markers.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”