[Kingdoms End] Is this the entrance?

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Incinerator
x4

[Kingdoms End] Is this the entrance?

Post by Incinerator » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:52

https://i.imgur.com/XuYVQjU.png

I've been all over the ship, is this the entrance? I can't get close enough to the hull to enter it.
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

Incinerator
x4

Re: [Kingdoms End] Is this the entrance?

Post by Incinerator » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 17:58

Found it, that previous screenshot wasn't the entrance it was nearby though.

https://i.imgur.com/IKMTTYV.png
Last edited by Terre on Wed, 12. Apr 23, 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked

hufflazon

Post by hufflazon » Wed, 12. Apr 23, 20:34

For what it's worth, I spent way too long trying to force my way into the same "hallway" you did after making several circuits of the ship and getting led back to this spot. Then I spent some time grumbling about how the physics was messed up in the very first plot mission and started back to my ship. From a distance, I finally saw the red glow of the panel. I'm not sure how I flew around for ten minutes without seeing it, but the guidance really does lead you right to the spot in your first picture. I'd bet we are not the only people who made this mistake.

WhiteJP
x4

Post by WhiteJP » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 06:19

I am about ready to refund this back to steam, 3 hours trying to find this damn box. seriously, I appreciate a challenge, but this is annoying as bleep

And refubd submitted. I am almost 60 years old, I do not play point and click games for a reason. I can not find any way to get to the panel, nor any indication of where it is.

Way to stump, Egosoft, I thought this was a space sim game, not ruined ship walking.

Really frustrated.

Rinne
x4

Post by Rinne » Thu, 13. Apr 23, 12:25

Also took me a bit longer to find the correct entry.
The complex shape of the ship didn't help.
I found approaching it from the front helped. There should be a spot where you see the panel directly from outside, indicated by the reticle turning brighter.

This and Blazing Trail were a bit frustrating, but I found the rest pretty well done.
I feel a refund because of a single frustrating task is a bit harsh, but I can also understand that it's frustrating to lock the main content of the DLC behind a mechanic that one does not like.
I would still give it a try again. It's just finding the opening and collecting the container. There is nothing more to it after that.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”