Damage Mod

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Blasted_Bugs

Damage Mod

Post by Blasted_Bugs » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 11:40

I'm in the Argon vs Xenon quest, where I have to assemble a fleet. A requirement is the Ceberes Vanguard needing a Damage Mod.

I've researched all the mods chains with my Boron scientist, but I can't find the specific 'Damage Mod'.

I'm currently 12 rep with Argon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thx

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Re: Damage Mod

Post by Geek » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:15

Research is only the first step.
You need to use a workbench (found at ship dealers in shpiyards and wharfs) to obtain the various modifications (including weapon damage) and their requirements - they all need specific inventory wares.
Last edited by Geek on Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:07, edited 1 time in total.
Right on commander !

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:04

Geek wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:15
You need to use a workbench (found at ship dealers in shpiyards and wharfs) to obtain the various modications (including weapon damage) and their requirements - they all need specific inventory wares.
It is VERY confusing!
Do any of them use illegal wares? Or can i FINALLY throw them overboard?
Have fun: Gala Do.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:07

I do not think any of them require illegal wares.
Right on commander !

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:20

Geek wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:07
I do not think any of them require illegal wares.
Thank you very much Geek.
Please do consider an inventory rework anyway. Color code things one can use in upgrades!
Actually as well as a rework of those illegal wares. I would also take a button "Destroy illegal goods on pickup". They only keep you from piloting your own ships around crowds.

krapht
x4

Post by krapht » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:22

I was also very confused by this at first. There are two types. Crafting tables where you can make your first aid kits and fine meal etc. This one is found at traders in most stations. Then there is a different one called specifically workbench that is found ship traders in wharfs and shipyards. In the shop there is a set of two tables. At first I assumed they were both the same one, they are not. The workbench will allow you to modify a docked ship with 'mods'

Ghalador
x4

Post by Ghalador » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:34

krapht wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 13:22
I was also very confused by this at first. There are two types. Crafting tables where you can make your first aid kits and fine meal etc. This one is found at traders in most stations. Then there is a different one called specifically workbench that is found ship traders in wharfs and shipyards. In the shop there is a set of two tables. At first I assumed they were both the same one, they are not. The workbench will allow you to modify a docked ship with 'mods'
Yes it does and i never know which things i can sell and which things i will need for that!

Albibak
x4

Post by Albibak » Mon, 17. Dec 18, 17:34

Hello,

Crafting mats for mods are all worth 1 cr and none are illegal.
So dont sell inventory items worth 1 cr.

Best regards.

Albibak

Blasted_Bugs

Post by Blasted_Bugs » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 00:25

Geek wrote:
Mon, 17. Dec 18, 12:15
You need to use a workbench (found at ship dealers in shpiyards and wharfs) to obtain the various modifications (including weapon damage) and their requirements - they all need specific inventory wares.
I have found the workbench at the Argon prime shipyard, I'm unsure on how to make the required 'Damage Mod'.

What is the requirements and process for crafting the "Damage Mod"?

Thank you

Kalantris

Post by Kalantris » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 00:40

1. Dock a ship at a wharf/shipyard depending on its size.
2. Go to the ship trader.
3. Go to the workbench.
4. Click the workbench.
5. Your ship will pop up.
6. Select the item you want to mod, in this case any weapon on a ship.
6. Click the "+" icon.
7. Select the damage mod. If you're cheap (as you should be) make sure tier 1 mods are selected (they are green and the icon selecting them has one arrowpoint).
8. If you have the correct components you can craft it.

You will see a couple damage mods. Generally speaking there's two things to mods:
1. The bonus.
2. The pain.

All the "additional stats" are basically some form of pain in the backside. Generic mods without bonus stats give lower increases on whatever you chose, but also don't hinder you in any way. So a simple mod might increase your damage 5 to 20%, but a different mod might increase it by 20 to 45% hindering you somehow as an "additional stat". It could increase the heat buildup for example or something like that.

EDIT: Also, the 5-20% range is pure RNG. You might get 5,15% or 19,95%. If you're not happy with the result, which shouldn't happen if you're doing it just for the mission, you can scrap the mod and craft it again. You lose the secondary parts, but the primary parts (like basic weapon chambers) stay and can be reused ad nauseam.

Geek
Moderator (Français)
Moderator (Français)
x4

Post by Geek » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 02:16

I do not think all additional values are negative.
A tier 1 weapon mod seems to increase damage and reload speed (good) and heat generated (bad).
Right on commander !

Blasted_Bugs

Post by Blasted_Bugs » Tue, 18. Dec 18, 03:09

Kalantris wrote:
Tue, 18. Dec 18, 00:40
1. Dock a ship at a wharf/shipyard depending on its size.
2. Go to the ship trader.
3. Go to the workbench.
4. Click the workbench.
5. Your ship will pop up.
6. Select the item you want to mod, in this case any weapon on a ship.
6. Click the "+" icon.
7. Select the damage mod. If you're cheap (as you should be) make sure tier 1 mods are selected (they are green and the icon selecting them has one arrowpoint).
8. If you have the correct components you can craft it.

You will see a couple damage mods. Generally speaking there's two things to mods:
1. The bonus.
2. The pain.

All the "additional stats" are basically some form of pain in the backside. Generic mods without bonus stats give lower increases on whatever you chose, but also don't hinder you in any way. So a simple mod might increase your damage 5 to 20%, but a different mod might increase it by 20 to 45% hindering you somehow as an "additional stat". It could increase the heat buildup for example or something like that.

EDIT: Also, the 5-20% range is pure RNG. You might get 5,15% or 19,95%. If you're not happy with the result, which shouldn't happen if you're doing it just for the mission, you can scrap the mod and craft it again. You lose the secondary parts, but the primary parts (like basic weapon chambers) stay and can be reused ad nauseam.
I realized where I was going wrong, the damage mod wasn't showing up on the crafting menu, until I realized that I had no weapons loaded... duh :roll:

Thanks for the help.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”