Stupid Boron Anomaly mission

Please post any spoilers for X4: Foundations here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kryptos901
x4

Stupid Boron Anomaly mission

Post by Kryptos901 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 06:34

Hello,
So, I got X4F, and I'm flying around, looking for missions, and everywhere I go, I keep getting this same mission to investigate some anomaly from this Boron. I go and investigate, I fly into the anomaly, I fly through the anomaly, I boost into it, I travel mode into it, and nothing happens and the Boron complains. I can't cancel the mission, but I can't seem to find any other missions either after multiple reloads and denying the boron mission, so this leads me to believe this is the main plot.

How do I do this mission? Or can I console command around it if it's broken?

Or, how necessary is the plot? Can I just shoot up some freighters and build my own empire?

EDIT: (I'm gonna leave the post up)

Well, it took about half an hour, (plus I spent an hour looking for literally any mission *other* than this boron dude) but the anomaly shot me to GE. Woo. This....is an underwhelming start.

wwdragon
x4

Re: Stupid Boron Anomaly mission

Post by wwdragon » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 10:04

First off, the part where you have a mission active and no more normal missions pop up... is a bug.

Second, anaomalies randomly transport you to another anomaly location; it can be ANY of them, even one deep in Xenon space.

Third, that mission didn't start for me the first time I went through an anomally either, but when I went through the second time, it did... so just try again and then wait a moment.

Finally If you are under-specced in this game, especially for CPU, things will take longer to load and to happen; make sure you meet minimum requirements!
Editing posts since long before I remember.

Kryptos901
x4

Re: Stupid Boron Anomaly mission

Post by Kryptos901 » Sat, 1. Dec 18, 22:14

1) That's annoying. But I guess a game just isn't a modern game unless it has multiple bugs on launch now. I dealt with enough X3 bugs to not be worried.

2) This was the mission specific one, I hadn't found any other ones yet.

3) Eventually it worked, but it took *way* too many tries. I'd even found a few topics on these forums saying "try it half a dozen times"...Well, I was way past the 2 dozen mark when I got it. Perhaps it would be prudent to increase the size of the anomaly target area? I mean, I'm not expecting the game to be a giant quicktime movie with no challenge, but I *would* like to have the difficulty come from intelligent AI in the economic sandbox, not from my ability to aim my ship within a few degrees (considering the flight model that I've seen in X4, and the flight model in X3, it's definitely harder than it should be to go a very specific direction, though I like the flight model overall).

4) Checked. My bottleneck is my GPU, which is just better than minimum (I don't worry about graphics, I don't mind playing ultra-low if the game is fun). Everything else in my computer is miles ahead of the minimums.

Maybe I'm just not used to the game yet, because I remember picking up X3 and having some difficulty at first, but it seems that the difficulties are arising in different places. I don't remember having trouble with the basics to this extent in X3...

Return to “X4: Foundations - Spoilers”