(Mod idea) moving some wares from inventory to the basket

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Realspace
x4

(Mod idea) moving some wares from inventory to the basket

Post by Realspace » Fri, 3. May 24, 09:05

Thinking about ways to make the player involvement a way to play, I started testing some inventory wares that can be traded.
I already implemented an (expensive) hacking tool that you can buy from pirate traders that allows to hack module's blueprints (instead of the boring and nosense research). And oc removed the research alltogether.

I've made also the upgrade kits to buy from traders that allow you to research the various ship modes mk1, mk2 and mk3 but you can not sell inventory items to your own stations. Also adding the right tag, inventory and trade baskets are separated. These would be another nice alternative to the research.

I had also the idea of adding other wares, f.i. satellites that the player can buy from traders and then move to wares (or equipment, as it was in X3) or other costly tech products to be traded at the beginning of the game as a rokie trader, so on. To increase player doing things instead of npc management.

Any idea how to implement this feature? Maybe a command to transfer wares from inventory to cargo and viceversa?
To keep the inventory not bloated, these wares would be just a few by each seller.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”