[QUESTION] Has a mod been made that removes the border icons?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

nikoli grimm
x4

[QUESTION] Has a mod been made that removes the border icons?

Post by nikoli grimm » Sun, 4. Feb 24, 23:42

I'm looking for a mod that removes the squared boarder that surrounds all items that you see when in the pilots' chair, possibly even the ship/station icon that's in the corner of the border as well.

I find them distracting, basically a cheat and would prefer to just see the ship or station. In battles it makes it makes finding an enemy too easy and way too easy to lock on and target said ship. If I can't find my target or whose shooting at me, well, the sucks to be me. Radar is enough.

Though I'm not positive, I believe it would only entail making that area of the texture that's used transparent to accomplish it. I'd make it myself, but I have zero knowledge as to where to start looking in the files.

EDIT: I'd also like to find a mod that removes the name and little gear icon that above all the npc's unless I actually hover over them. It doesn't really supply any useful information, beyond telling me their specialty, and seeing as I get that information when I start a conversation with them, I don't need it cluttering up the screen.
Last edited by nikoli grimm on Wed, 7. Feb 24, 22:36, edited 1 time in total.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Re: [QUESTION] Has a mod been made that removes the boarder icons?

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 5. Feb 24, 18:57

Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

nikoli grimm
x4

Re: [QUESTION] Has a mod been made that removes the border icons?

Post by nikoli grimm » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 22:49

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. The name threw me, I had downloaded that mod quite a while ago and never got around to installing it. It never dawned on me that was one of the things it does. I keep thinking of the radar as being the HUD rather than the entire viewing screen.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”