[MOD IDEA] Vanilla Station Replacement

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Folker
x4

[MOD IDEA] Vanilla Station Replacement

Post by Folker » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 14:10

Hey, I have a question about station replacement.

For me, the X4 stations are very small. I would like to know how to replace the small stations with large stations that are well representative of the industries.

I suppose that I create a station plan with X4 station builder, save the plan and export it to a folder.

Then, I replace the original plan in the constructionplans.xml folder with

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> // This line only at the beginning
<diff>
<replace sel="/plans/plan[@id='STATION_ID']">
<plan id="STATION_ID" name="{XXXXX}">

And I paste the plan I created in station builder under these program lines.

Do I make a process error if I do this?

If not, how do export the plan from station builder?

Realspace
x4

Re: [MOD IDEA] Vanilla Station Replacement

Post by Realspace » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 14:59

I think you have to change the stationgroups.xml too, adding or replacing the stations used.
Take a look at how DeadAir God mod is structured, I seem to remember that he added production modules to the basic plans.
Btw a mod that has larger stations i.e. with more production modules would be useful :)

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 17:08

Realspace wrote:
Tue, 16. Jan 24, 14:59
I think you have to change the stationgroups.xml too, adding or replacing the stations used.
Take a look at how DeadAir God mod is structured, I seem to remember that he added production modules to the basic plans.
Ok, thanks, I will see deadair god.
Realspace wrote:
Tue, 16. Jan 24, 14:59
Btw a mod that has larger stations i.e. with more production modules would be useful :)
I like, that you like this idea, thanks for your support

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Tue, 16. Jan 24, 17:25

Okay, I've looked. I think DeadAIr has created a new station plan in constructionplans.xml. And it has the stationgroups.xml file to replace the stations in the game with the new stations that were created in constructionplans.xml.

This is clever, because if you have people modifying stations, this process ensures compatibility.

What's more, it's more subtle than directly replacing the station component in constructionplans.xml, and I think it reduces bugs.

Thanks for this advice

I readed how to see the blueprint, is there documents>egosoft>x4>(numbered folder)>constructionplans.xml
I find that on : viewtopic.php?t=412881

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 13:55

If you copy the construction plans from libraries/constructionplans.xml into the same file contained in documents/egosoft/x4/constructionplans folder, then you can edit both vanilla or mod-added stations in the in-game building simulator.
Export your models than add/replace them by using the stationgroups and constructionplans in a new mod.
I f.i. play with a mod where produc modules do not have turrets. That was silly to have, defence modules are for that (you find it in the optional files of xrsge mod).
So I need to change vanilla stations to feature more defence modules, otherwise they are too weak.
Also I'd like to create some mega stations, Rebirth style. XRSGE galaxy is huge, stations need to be bigger and producing more.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 15:43

My mod Ware makes production stations larger.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Fri, 19. Jan 24, 20:03

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 15:43
Ah yeah that one was what I had in mind. Your God mod instead changes the shipyards, which I am redoing too bc they are too weak. In my game xenon wiped out two warfs in Argon prime at the beginning. But prod modules are another thing. I suppose it also adds more storage, right? Will take a look

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 00:26

Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 13:55
If you copy the construction plans from libraries/constructionplans.xml into the same file contained in documents/egosoft/x4/constructionplans folder, then you can edit both vanilla or mod-added stations in the in-game building simulator.
Export your models than add/replace them by using the stationgroups and constructionplans in a new mod.
I f.i. play with a mod where produc modules do not have turrets. That was silly to have, defence modules are for that (you find it in the optional files of xrsge mod).
So I need to change vanilla stations to feature more defence modules, otherwise they are too weak.
Ok, I take note, I have planned to start the creation of my mod monday in the evening. Thanks, with this perspective is more simple than I think before
Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 13:55
Also I'd like to create some mega stations, Rebirth style. XRSGE galaxy is huge, stations need to be bigger and producing more.
Yes, I think to make Rebirth style station, but I'm worried to say like that because the word 'Xrebirth" get fear to a lot of players and modders.
So now that it's say, I will to speak of XR in my project

I'm think for first station that I will create is the metallurgical and hull plating station
Last edited by Folker on Sat, 20. Jan 24, 00:58, edited 2 times in total.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 00:31

DeadAirRT wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 15:43
If I say true, in addition your mod increases the production of each module. But I think the game need to have very, very large industrial stations. I want to create a mod to replace vanilla stations with larger ones, because vanilla stations are very small for me. The secondary goal is to increase the production of each station.
Realspace wrote:
Fri, 19. Jan 24, 20:03
AhYour God mod instead changes the shipyards, which I am redoing too bc they are too weak.
Yes, DeadAir god only changes the shipyards. I'm thinking of doing the same coding process for all stations, because it's simple and effective.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will to make request monday to Max Bain for use ressources of X4 Economy Overhaul in my mod because I like the design of the station's components.
But my mod will depend of X4 Economy Overhaul. It's a choce, for me a good choce because I can make more diversified stations with new components, in more he use certain XR components (for XR like design is better).
In more that add automaticaly an compatibility because I create my mod with X4 Economy Overhaul.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 07:18

Having the Rebirth's models of stations (at least the prod modules not the dock bays) would be highly immersive, they are stunning. I think tomck (don't remember the exact nickname) managed to have them working in x4, he has some video in yt. So it should be possible

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 10:15

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. Jan 24, 07:18
Having the Rebirth's models of stations (at least the prod modules not the dock bays) would be highly immersive, they are stunning. I think tomck (don't remember the exact nickname) managed to have them working in x4, he has some video in yt. So it should be possible
Yes, I have the link : viewtopic.php?t=441375

I will see that, but I have worry to put many time because I'm student so I don't have a lot of time.

I inspect and if no require less time than I think is good, but if consume a lot of time X4 Economy Overhaul is the choce because he give the XR production module.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 10:24

Hey Realspace, I think about one of thing about your X4RSGE mod. I make for me a playlist of music (for have faction music, a lot of XR music who concern each faction, the boron, argon etc...). It's not recent but I have it and it's work. I you want I can give for you to add in your mod

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sat, 20. Jan 24, 23:29

That's cool. I already implemented track-lists for the different regions/factions but why not. Is it egosoft music or your own? If you want to make an additional mod all that is required is only a patch to the mapdefaults.xml to replace the ones I did with yours.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 00:14

Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. Jan 24, 23:29
That's cool. I already implemented track-lists for the different regions/factions but why not. Is it egosoft music or your own?
It's Rebirth music, directly imported of the game. With different X3TC ; X3AP ; XTC ; XRM music and adds different music ported from other game and groups (I take it on youtube and I converted music). For the moment I use only for me but, in other perspective, I don't know if I have the right of share. But if is good I share to you.
Realspace wrote:
Sat, 20. Jan 24, 23:29
If you want to make an additional mod all that is required is only a patch to the mapdefaults.xml to replace the ones I did with yours.
I did it more simply, by adding these sounds to the music folder and modifying the sound library.xml.

For the method I was inspired of Legacy music mod, So musics are define by faction (like your sound libreary.xml in your X4RSGE mod).

As you like, I can to give to you the folder with music, and the sound library.xml and you replace your music with copy and past. Or I create a patch.

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 13:27

Hey Folker. I'm currently searching for a solution for replacing dark ambient zoned tracks for maybe x rebirth tracks, but have no idea how to do this. Maybe you could help. I'm also playing x4rsgre mod by Realspace.
P. s. It would be cool if you made sector(system) specific playlists for it. But I think that's not easy, but may be wrong...

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 21. Jan 24, 14:30

ziplock815 wrote:
Sun, 21. Jan 24, 13:27
Hey Folker. I'm currently searching for a solution for replacing dark ambient zoned tracks for maybe x rebirth tracks, but have no idea how to do this. Maybe you could help. I'm also playing x4rsgre mod by Realspace.
P. s. It would be cool if you made sector(system) specific playlists for it. But I think that's not easy, but may be wrong...
Doing sector's specific tracks is not difficult but you must know what sector's name corresponds to cluster_numberxx. So if you open xrsge/libraires/mapdefaults.xml you can see some soundtracks added to each cluster. xrsge_soundtracks. They are applied at groups of sectors already in XRSGE but you can create even more specific lists. Lists are added in libraires/soundlibrary.xml (where you see the corresponding xrsge_tracklist) and the names of the songs are explicit. Songs are stored in music folder. You can simply add new ones there and add their name in sound_library.xml than use that tracklist in mapdefault. Mapedefaults.xml in XRSGE contains a lot of green notes on what a cluster's name is in the game so you can see what sector that is. But also XRSGE_tracklist already contain race's specifics as f.i. xrsge_teladi, so on. So you can also add your music to those existing tracklists and they will be applied in the map automatically. Music has to be in .ogg NOT mp3. Everything is in XRSGE mod so you can simply add new tracks there and recall them by the method I wrote before.
Or, even more simple, open soundlibrary_xml and delete all the dark ambient music, leave all the X3 and Rebirth music. It is easy, songs are listed by names, you can find that name in music folder, listen to the track and decide if yo want to keep it. If a song is not listed in xrsge/music that is a vanilla one, so either you leave it or delete all vanilla ones in xrsge/soundlibray.xml (xrsge adds only X3 and XR songs) but I advise against it, the name itself lets you understand if it is an ambient music, it is written. So you can delete those only.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 18:08

Hey, I see the construction plan of X4 vanilla, deadAir Ware, X4 Economy overhaul. All of them modify shipyard, equipement dock, warf, so I start by that, I test and sems work. For create huge production facility is an problem, You know a mod for you modify station in construction plan.xml or know how I can know the different station ID for place it on construction plan.xml.

Realspace for the music I am in standby for the answer of the men who created legacy music because I have the same folder.

And for Vanilla Station Replacement I ask the question to Max Bain for production facility

ziplock815

Post by ziplock815 » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 22:08

Thanks Realspace. I've tried, but didn't work. Discovered that dark ambient music tracks are located at sfx/ambient/zone folder. Trying to change these tracks for something less frightening :D

Something prevents to play custom tracks for full length :gruebel:

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 22. Jan 24, 22:29

I've modified the argon shipyard, and it works. So I'm going to replace all the shipyards, docks etc... I'll modify the other stations (production, food, etc...) when I have more information.

For important stations (shipyards, docks, etc...), the station modules are defined in the construction plan. But for other stations, it's not the same thing. To make the stations bigger and more industrial, I want to define them manually in the construction plan, so that I can be sure that the aesthetics, productivity and storage of the stations are respected.

If you want to see the argon shipyard :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14yC3i- ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qk3mDZ ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/11I8obH ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19VUL0f ... sp=sharing
ziplock815 wrote:
Mon, 22. Jan 24, 22:08
Discovered that dark ambient music tracks are located at sfx/ambient/zone folder. Trying to change these tracks for something less frightening :D
Interesting, I take a look tomorrow or wednesday. I will try to delete thing in file who contain there sfx or the file for see if the music are launch like real playlist without this.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Tue, 23. Jan 24, 11:35

Have you found how to replace the prod stations? Vanilla contructionplans only contains shipyards, not the factories. So replacing them for npc to use is tricky without knowing the name they have in the plan.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”