[MOD] UI BackgroundColor Change

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Eagle_Four
x3

Post by Eagle_Four » Thu, 17. Aug 23, 06:52

Changing the colors of some UI windows to improve readability and contrast. It should also be a little less straining on the eyes, as the windows will stand out more clearly against the map background and not all blend into each other, making it harder to read.

https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1203/

I was bothered from the beginning by the UI color scheme in map mode. It was very hard on my eyes and I found the clarity very poor. I would have liked there to be a setting to change the colors of the windows and the transparency. Unfortunately there is no such setting.

This little mod changes that for some windows. This makes some windows stand out better from the map background and are much more readable and recognizable. Also, it's no longer as taxing on the eyes, since the eyes can locate the window contents immediately and don't have to search for a brief moment.

Of course, it is a matter of taste and also depends on the settings of the monitor and the graphics card. Take a look at the before - after pictures (on Nexus) beforehand to see if you like the color scheme or try out the mod.
Unauthorized Attacks/Killings in Detail and many more:
[MOD] Kill and Attack Notifications Extended
UI BackgroundColor Change:

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”