Has anyone made SCA into a "proper" Faction?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Scoob
x4

Has anyone made SCA into a "proper" Faction?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 12:36

Hey all,

I don't like how SCA isn't a proper faction. The Static rep is ok, I guess, as they're intended not to be a cohesive group, but rather a loose collective. I think, that rep gain should be possible if you undertake specific "piratey" missions for them, but they should be pretty damaging, potentially, to your standings with other factions. However, the big issue for me is how they just spawn in wherever they want.

So, has anyone ever looked at making SCA a "Proper" faction? I.e. one that BUYS or BUILDS their own ships? Can they be given their own Shipyard and Wharf in some remote sector to produce their own stuff? Having them buy stuff from TEL too would fit nicely, but I want this random spawning to stop.

As a separate issue, I also wish they weren't so DUMB. When an SCA Minotaur Raider harasses one of my Transporters as it leaves my heavily armed station, that's protected by a large fleet and there are other large fleets of mine patrolling the area. Well, that's a little silly.

I had hoped that the Avarice DLC would enhance the SCA Faction too, but they seem untouched.

Note: I think it was Blackrain that mentioned giving SCA their own ship building facilities, but I don't think that was ever a released mod.

So, just asking here if anyone has, or is aware of anyone who has, turned the SCA into a more regular faction and eliminated the spawning.

Caldari Navy

Re: Has anyone made SCA into a "proper" Faction?

Post by Caldari Navy » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 17:37

Only thing im aware is this, but i belive u have to download files individualy

https://github.com/Shuul/SCAlive

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 17:50

This does what you want, but it turns ALL the minor factions into proper factions. Perhaps more than you want.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 18:32

Caldari Navy wrote:
Sat, 14. Oct 23, 17:37

Thanks, can you tell me a little more about what that mod does exactly? I don't see a description. I assume that's the same Shuul as Shulo, who created VRO and works on SWI too - as well as Egosoft now I understand. Just downloaded it anyway, it has a readme, checking it out...
shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 14. Oct 23, 17:50
This does what you want, but it turns ALL the minor factions into proper factions. Perhaps more than you want.
Oh, that's interesting, I'll take a look at that one. Question: Does this make SCA work like VIG in that they'll Pirate you, but stop once you are over 10 rep? That's a big part of what I want, to be able to align with the Pirates and earn reputation with them. I start off as a bit of a Pirate myself (stealing ships from my enemies) so becoming aligned with them early-game makes sense. As does not being constantly hassled by them.

In the past, I created a Custom "Pirate start" with SCA rep set to 10, but they still constantly raided me. That was in a much older game version though.

Edit: It does not seem to mention that SCA spawns are removed, nor that SCA rep is now dynamic. Do you know if those two features are present? They're sorta key to what I want. Just downloaded it anyway, it has a readme, checking it out...

shovelmonkey
x4

Post by shovelmonkey » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 19:05

Scoob wrote:
Sat, 14. Oct 23, 18:32
It does not seem to mention that SCA spawns are removed, nor that SCA rep is now dynamic. Do you know if those two features are present? They're sorta key to what I want. Just downloaded it anyway, it has a readme, checking it out...
It's actually been awhile since I've played with this mod, but I'm assuming that since SCA has been made a proper faction with actual faction logic it would behave as any other faction does. So I'm pretty much 100% on dynamic rep, but I'm not sure if it gets rid of the spawns.
“Not even once has life or the weather complained about a human being.”
― Mokokoma Mokhonoana

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 14. Oct 23, 19:34

shovelmonkey wrote:
Sat, 14. Oct 23, 19:05
It's actually been awhile since I've played with this mod, but I'm assuming that since SCA has been made a proper faction with actual faction logic it would behave as any other faction does. So I'm pretty much 100% on dynamic rep, but I'm not sure if it gets rid of the spawns.
Ok, I might give it a go and see what happens.

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 10:38

In my XRSGE mod Sca have many bases, defence stations and shipyards. So yes you can buy ship from them and play as a true pirate, enemy to everybody. I did not touch the rep sistem thou. Oc you have to take the entire overhaul with, so no vanilla playthrough

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 13:45

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 15. Oct 23, 10:38
In my XRSGE mod Sca have many bases, defence stations and shipyards. So yes you can buy ship from them and play as a true pirate, enemy to everybody. I did not touch the rep sistem thou. Oc you have to take the entire overhaul with, so no vanilla playthrough
Cool, that is on my list for a future game start. Does it stop SCA ships spawning too?

I guess the ideal thing for me would be as follows:

- SCA Spawing. GONE. DONE. FINISHED. Never to be seen again.
- SCA Have Ship building facilities of their own in some obscure sector.
- SCA also buy ships / goods from anyone who doesn't hate them (TEL)
- Specific mission chain actions can make them like you more (so they stop pirating you), nothing crazy, can be done as a starting player, but gets harder.
- Once you gain a certain status with them (10) regular actions give additional rep, it's gaining that initial trust that's scripted via missions.

If someone was interested in doing a more involved SCA story, then actually helping SCA set up their own shipbuilding facilities would be pretty cool. For a Pirate game start. Having them already in place for regular gamestarts would be fine though.

It does still surprise me that SCA haven't been developed further by Egosoft. They felt a bit "placeholder" due to their spawning mechanics and fixed rep, but they never changed. Avarice DLC was, I thought, the perfect opportunity to expand on this faction.

Wargear

Post by Wargear » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 20:46

Sounds like a mod worth trying. I wish egosoft would take this and go a step farther and make the Yaki SCA and FAF full fledged sector owning factions.
WGI Industries [modified]

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:15

Wargear wrote:
Sun, 15. Oct 23, 20:46
Sounds like a mod worth trying. I wish egosoft would take this and go a step farther and make the Yaki SCA and FAF full fledged sector owning factions.
I think there's certainly some DLC (= money) potential for this. That said, it does feel more like base-game (free with update) content. So, maybe add the mechanics for this in an update, but only with DLC would, for example, new factions ships and station modules be added.

The Yaki are a bit sad in my game. I mean, I liberated them and even destroyed ALL Xenon so they have potentially several sectors to themselves. The one-way superhighway means only one way in to their systems too. However, they do not expand from what I can tell. I'd have hoped to see a thriving sector after all the effort I put in.

FAF are odd. They actually build their ships at FRF facilities, then proceed to pirate FRF ships and stations. They must be 20 rep, else they'd not be able to buy the Destroyers I regularly see them ordering. Inconsistent.

Enhancing each of these factions would be most welcome. It's SCA's spawning of ships I dislike the most though.

adeine
x4

Post by adeine » Sat, 21. Oct 23, 01:33

Scoob wrote:
Sun, 15. Oct 23, 21:15

Enhancing each of these factions would be most welcome. It's SCA's spawning of ships I dislike the most though.
I think an elegant improvement, should anyone want to consider it for a mod, would be to change SCA spawns to instead convert from other factions' ships on the fly.

Think individual ships/pilots falling into the pirate life (or being boarded). :) Not only would it solve the issue of ensuring a consistent supply of SCA assets without 'magic', but it'd also add some more churn to other factions to stop their economies from being stagnant when the wars have run their way.

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Sun, 22. Oct 23, 09:36

Hey, a mod for SCA is https://www.nexusmods.com/x4foundations/mods/1243, I think is still in development . I think is good ide to use it with X4RSGE. For have SCA's station and piracy add with this mod

Realspace
x4

Post by Realspace » Sun, 22. Oct 23, 16:55

Very interesting, when I will be back to X4 I'll take a look at that mod for compatibility, seems very fitting in the XRSGE universe

Folker
x4

Post by Folker » Mon, 23. Oct 23, 00:37

Realspace wrote:
Sun, 22. Oct 23, 16:55
Very interesting, when I will be back to X4 I'll take a look at that mod for compatibility, seems very fitting in the XRSGE universe
I think of another mod, is in steam, I suppose is good mod for inspiration or for have ideas : ヤキの進化 (Evolution of Yaki)

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... 2994967612

I think you'll like it

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 24. Oct 23, 08:18

Without modding, starting the Scale Plate Green terraforming and reaching the first milestone (from what I remember) will unlock SCA reputation so you can influence it up and down depending on how you interact with them. You can get major rep boost by completing certain milestones in the project.
Getting on their good side will heavily influence how often they plunder your ships.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

DeadAirRT
x4

Post by DeadAirRT » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 18:11

I did it a long time ago; it was called deadair supplement. I'm pretty sure that shuulo's git linked earlier was just my code since he wanted to continue it after I abandoned it. Minor factions extended was probably the closest to reproducing my mod that I've seen. Take this with a grain of salt since I know very little about other people's mods except the ones that I help with their development.

Shuulo (EGO)
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Post by Shuulo (EGO) » Fri, 1. Dec 23, 23:03

Caldari Navy wrote:
Sat, 14. Oct 23, 17:37

that one is 4 years old and was not updated, do not use please

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”