How do you change the size of a projectile?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X4: Foundations.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

HelicopterGearbox
x4

How do you change the size of a projectile?

Post by HelicopterGearbox » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 04:45

Say you wanted to make the Pulse Laser MK2 projectiles really big.

How would you do this?

I tried loading a dae extracted from the weaponfx file into blender and just scaling the whole thing, but it didn't work.

Rothank
x4

Re: How do you change the size of a projectile?

Post by Rothank » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 12:09

Did you remember to Apply the scale?

.DAEs loaded into blender always open at 0.01 scale. You should scale it up to 1.0 first (in object properties), then rescale to your liking, THEN apply scaling (CTRL + A -> Scale), export back into .DAE and run through converter.
Image Image

HelicopterGearbox
x4

Post by HelicopterGearbox » Thu, 14. Sep 23, 19:54

Rothank wrote:
Thu, 14. Sep 23, 12:09
Did you remember to Apply the scale?

.DAEs loaded into blender always open at 0.01 scale. You should scale it up to 1.0 first (in object properties), then rescale to your liking, THEN apply scaling (CTRL + A -> Scale), export back into .DAE and run through converter.
Yes, I've done that. I've also tried scaling different parts of the projectile (a beam) in different ratios, and they seem to end up in the same ratio in size to each other-it's like they are being scaled by some other factor in some config file somewhere.

I'm wondering if in the case of bullet flat meshes, its the texture size and not the mesh itself (the dae). I could also be exporting the dae without some proper setting-not using Egosoft's improved dae plugin on this install...

HelicopterGearbox
x4

Post by HelicopterGearbox » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 03:43

I did end up getting this to work....

You have to resize the individual meshes relative to each other, it would seem. Not sure how the engine deals with projectiles. Can't just resize the hierarchy of meshes together for whatever reason.

Rothank
x4

Post by Rothank » Mon, 18. Sep 23, 16:14

HelicopterGearbox wrote:
Mon, 18. Sep 23, 03:43
I did end up getting this to work....

You have to resize the individual meshes relative to each other, it would seem. Not sure how the engine deals with projectiles. Can't just resize the hierarchy of meshes together for whatever reason.
You can. You need to resize topmost node, select all (A or rightclick topmost node -> select hierarchy) and only THEN apply scale (CTRL + A -> Scale)
Image Image

Return to “X4: Foundations - Scripts and Modding”