X4 6.20 crashes

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cxz7410
x4

X4 6.20 crashes

Post by cxz7410 » Tue, 7. May 24, 00:45

Every time I play, I know it will happen, and I try to save the games frequently. Some times it can happen 3 times or more. The crashes seem to be really bad, because the computer restart loading the BIOS then Windows e.t.c.
It has become a really tiring issue. Any advice?

Game start: Argon
No game modification
A typical crash scenario: While I'm in my station and watching the map. (It can happen while I'm flying as well)

Files:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fo/3h4wa1vy ... 7hhh1&dl=0

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: X4 6.20 crashes

Post by CBJ » Tue, 7. May 24, 01:06

If your computer restarts then that's a sure sign of a system issue rather than a game issue. Even if it only happens while playing X4 (which I don't think is the case, as there is at least one other game in the logs in your DXDiag) then that just means that playing the game is exposing the underlying fault rather than causing it. Restarts can be caused by hardware issues such as heat or power issues, or memory faults, or by driver problems. There might be more clues in your system logs, or you might be able to get more information if you disable auto-restart so that you can see any system error messages.

Your DXDiag does highlight that both your sound and graphics drivers are somewhat out of date. Make sure you go to the manufacturers' websites for updated drivers, rather than relying on Windows Update.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”