Simpit Support

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Elwyn

Simpit Support

Post by Elwyn » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 16:03

I have a Simpit that currently has 14 USB devices. I will be adding more devices as I expand the simpits capabilities. My problem is that only 8 of the 14 devices appears in the controller settings screen. First question: Will the number of devices be increased to unlimited for those of us that like to build simpits? 2nd Question: Is there a way to define which 8 devices are listed in the controller settings so that I could pick the ones I prefer to use if forced to use only 8? Final Question: can the controller devices used be configured outside of the game from an input or configuration file? I just purchased X4 foundation this week and have not been able to learn about the structure of the games configuration files. Thanks in advance!

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Simpit Support

Post by CBJ » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 16:15

The game has a hard-coded limit of 8 devices. It's relatively unlikely that this will be changed, given the tiny number of people who have that many devices.

I believe you can set the devices to be used in the game's config.xml using GUID values. I'm not sure exactly how those are obtained initially, but my guess is that you would only be able to choose devices outside the "default" 8 obtained automatically by editing the file manually.

Elwyn

Post by Elwyn » Mon, 8. Apr 24, 16:53

Thank you for your answer, May I ask where the config.xml file is located? I am suprised that there are not more people that have simpits using X4. I initially set my simpit for DCS and MSFS. Lately I have been expanding it to include space sims since I saw a few videos on Youtube with some nice space simpit setups.
Nevermind I found it. Thanks

mesae
x4

Post by mesae » Tue, 30. Apr 24, 20:01

I have six devices and X4 only recognized three of them until I re-named axes on the other three so every device has an X and a Y axis. It appears the game will not recognize controllers that do not have these axes. If you are using a controller with no axes, you can create a virtual X and Y axis on two switches of your choice. I bet it will recognize 8 devices then.

beko
x4

Post by beko » Thu, 2. May 24, 10:27

Remapping most buttons to keyboard hotkeys may be a feasible approach.

There's also Sir Nukes Mod Support APIs which allows for more hotkeys(?) from my understanding. Not too sure about that though because I use it mostly to drag out ship telemetry for my own SimPit.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”