[6.20] Kha'ak wrecks have no raw scrap value. - WAI

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mookau
x4

[6.20] Kha'ak wrecks have no raw scrap value. - WAI

Post by Mookau » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 08:49

Version: 6.20
Language: English
Modified: No
Game Start: Any

Problem:
No Kha'ak wrecks (ship or station or components) have a raw scrap value associated with them.

How to Reproduce:
Find any Kha'ak ship, destroy it, select the wreckage, and check the info panel. No scrap value is given compared to virtually every other wreck

There is a destroyed Hive Guard directly in front of the player ship in the linked save, for ease of testing.

Save File:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bEks2l ... sp=sharing

Notes:
It could be that they are meant to be made of such foreign materials that they can't be recycled. And thus not a bug (well, not in that sense anyway).

Research:
Because Kha'ak objects are never built and simply spawn in, they don't have a build method/cost listed in their relevant files. Due to this the game can't generate a scrap value for them.

Solution:
Simply giving them plausible/placeholder material cost would fix it. You can see this if you mod in a default build method with material cost, the game will assign them a scrap value.
Last edited by Tranxalive on Fri, 23. Feb 24, 15:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editing the title to say it's Working As Intended

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: [6.20] Kha'ak wrecks have no raw scrap value.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 7. Feb 24, 09:57

A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Mookau
x4

Re: [6.20] Kha'ak wrecks have no raw scrap value.

Post by Mookau » Thu, 8. Feb 24, 04:22

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 7. Feb 24, 09:57
It may be intended.
I don't see that change in the patch notes anywhere. Though that doesn't mean it's untrue. It may be undocumented, or I might have simply missed the changelog entry (there are a lot).

I was doing research into how scrap is calculated (hence my other 2 bug reports), and just thought the KHA stuff not having a value was a bit odd. So I thought I'd bring attention to it, as I had no way of knowing whether it is intentional or not.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”