Suddenly ship is always drifting and I cannot stop it

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omexo
x4

Suddenly ship is always drifting and I cannot stop it

Post by Omexo » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:31

I dont know how it happened and I dont know how to fix it

I took a mission to do some research for a boron, following the mission steps I got to the location where you have to scan for anomolies, a xenon showed up and I killed it and looted its contents. Suddenly my ship cannot remain stationary I am constantly drifting in one direction or another. I press backspace and sometimes velocity will go to zero however I am still drifting because as I look around the velocity shows -4 or -7 when facing some directions. pressing backspace again does nothing if I try to use x and z to balance it out they cause the velocity to increase in weird increments that prevent me from actually reaching 0. When I zero out one direction the opposite direction gets velocity added to it. I tried save/reload which didnt stop it, ive tried exiting the game and reload and its still there. I will try docking but I can already predict I am going to have a hell of a time trying to dock when I keep moving... ill post back

Has anyone else run into this bug? How did it occure for you? How did you stop it?

HoneyRun

Re: Suddenly ship is always drifting and I cannot stop it

Post by HoneyRun » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:45

Had the same problem when doing the tutorial about scanners, when I got close to an anomaly I kept getting pushed back and after some time what you described happened, I could not get the velocity to 0 no matter what I tried. I just noticed that it seemed to correct itself but it was taking a long time, like I was drifting at -20 m/s while the speedometer arrow was on the red thing (which I think is supposed to be 0 m/s) but it keep going back to 0 without me doing anything, but at a very slow rate, like -19 m/s after 5s, -18 m/s after another 10s, and it kept increasing.

I'm sorry I can't help as I don't really remember how I fixed it, but maybe it was about travel mode (shift + 1), after a while it worked anyway, so I guarantee you're not ******. You could also try to get through a jump gate, it might reset everything speed-related.

Omexo
x4

Post by Omexo » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 22:56

So i flew to the station and the drifting stopped. I flew back to the waypoint and the drifting started again. Not entirely sure what is going on here.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:11

I'm having the exact same problem. It started right after I moved close to a wormhole. My ship just wont stop drifting no matter what i do. And neither does my space suit!! I got out of the ship into my space suit and now I'm slowing drifting away from my ship at 8m/s! And I have absolutely no control of the speed.

Re-loading a save does not fix it. All I have is my quick save so now I'm going to have to start a new game. :(

I'm considering a refund at the moment (I bought the collectors edition). I'm not really impressed by the game so far, even without the bugs. But I'm willing to give it a chance with a few more hours of game time before i decide.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:17

Guys, this isn't a bug. The drift is one of the effects of the anomaly. You have to be careful near them.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:24

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:17
Guys, this isn't a bug. The drift is one of the effects of the anomaly. You have to be careful near them.
I'm no where near the wormhole anymore. I already went through it and I've drifted practically half way across the next sector. The drifting wont stop.

EDIT: I've reloaded the game again and drifting seems to have gone. The drift effect seemed to have carried over to the next sector, even though there doesn't seem to be any visible worm hole on that side.

EDIT 2: I've found the wormhole. I'm in Lasting Vengeance and it was near invisible against the backdrop of the planet. When I got into this sector and noticed my ship was still drifting, but couldn't see a wormhole, i got into my spacesuit to try see if that would stop it. I spend the last 20mins trying to catch up with the ship again :lol:
Last edited by Krewzur on Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:42, edited 2 times in total.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Omexo
x4

Post by Omexo » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:27

CBJ wrote:
Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:17
Ok I realized what the issue was, I kept doing the long rang scan but for some reason the anomoly wasnt showing up just lots of distant pings it wasnt until I flew away from the waypoint about 3km then looked at the waypoint then did the scan suddenly the waypoint turned into the anomoly. This makes sense now

Tycow
x4

Post by Tycow » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:35

@Omexo - Have you accidentally disabled flight assist? That would cause you to drift in the manner you describe. Try pressing CTRL + SPACE to reenable it. :)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 30. Nov 18, 23:40

My apologies, I must have misunderstood the situation you're describing. But Tycow is right, there is also the possibility that you accidentally switched flight modes.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”