Own X4 Bonus DLC, Can't access content.

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X4: Foundations.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fennyfox
x4

Own X4 Bonus DLC, Can't access content.

Post by fennyfox » Thu, 16. May 24, 19:14

V7.5 English Extension Version 1.23 Validated
Game ran both through Proton 9.0-1, and GE-Proton9-4
Game starts Tried:All Boron Starts, Dedicated Warrior
Purchased X4 Community of Planets Collector's Edition Bundle, and am seen unable to access the Yasur. Listed are 2 Paint mods and 2 modules for the docking within my inventory. Discord help led me to believe the ship exists within the BETA yet.
All steps followed at the FAQ ensured my extension was enabled, re-logged into account, Disabled Workshop, started a new game and ensured HQ was under player control before accessing.
Kind of at a loss here, any questions, comments, snide remarks or crude jokes are appreciated.

Much love for the game, Egosoft developers are the real heroes.
https://imgur.com/a/ueRdPUf
https://imgur.com/a/ZueWGe6

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Own X4 Bonus DLC, Can't access content.

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 16. May 24, 21:55

The current stable version of X4 is 6.20. The current beta is for 7.00.

The yasur and paint mods are "online" content. You need to link your steam or GOG account with your Egosoft account and then from your Egosoft account perform a game sync. Then in X4 at the main menu you can go to online and enter your login details for your Egosoft account. Login to that account inside X4. There should be an option to download the X4 online patch, which is needed to access that content, install the patch. After installing the patch, the next time you start X4 make sure you are still logged in and then load up your game. You should be able to access the multiverse menu and redeem the Yasur Mk1 and paint jobs.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Own X4 Bonus DLC, Can't access content - Explained.

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 16. May 24, 23:23

Similar detailed advice here.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Fri, 17. May 24, 11:08

I would like to reiterate that i have followed all procedures listed in the FAQ.
Also i assumed it was 7.5 due to beta 5 implementation, sorry about that
https://imgur.com/a/dbjeeYu

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. May 24, 11:25

As a basic check, in your logged-in Steam Library page, select X4, Select DLC, and does "X4: Community of Planets Collector's Edition - Bonus Content" have a blue "IN LIBRARY" sticker?

Note the '- Bonus Content' bit in the specific DLC title as that is important. I bought and downloaded mine separately to the X4:CoPCE download and it does have to be installed.

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Fri, 17. May 24, 11:31

https://imgur.com/a/VIkjWug
I know its almost silly to ask, but I do understand the precaution.
https://imgur.com/a/XDPNhfW
Content installed and listed, verified integrity of files as well as a precaution.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 17. May 24, 17:15

Try resorting to the non-beta 6.20 in case online functionality is not fully supported in the beta version.

It is my understanding that the Yasur is specifically part of the online mod that the X4 client has to download (not steam). Without the online mod, the Yasur will not be available. The online mod should download if you login to your egosoft account in the main menu, with a prompt to restart X4.

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Fri, 17. May 24, 18:49

Have confirmed this issue not to be resolved on 6.2 variant as well, although hoping my save files are usable again once update 7 releases or i go back to the beta. I am really hoping the official release drops in soon! The beta has been fantastic!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 17. May 24, 19:02

That's a bit odd as I claimed my Yasur in vanilla 6.20 release. As I said above though, my bonus download was separate to the CoPCE download.

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Fri, 17. May 24, 20:14

I am at a loss as well. Workshop was disabled throughout my testing period on both versions. I will go back to the Beta release for now, but may be subject to change upon request for further testing as necessary.
Also tried in both versions running the game through the bonus content page on steam featuring the Yasur on the image. Game launches fine from the page.
Again, thanks for the help and any advice is appreciated.
((Note: are the Boron the Grow-A-Ship foundation?))

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Sat, 18. May 24, 05:40

soooo... does anyone happen to know how to contact the dev team for assistance? I've tried too hard to correct the problem to get refunded at this point under steams policy, and I would honestly still rather support the devs, just want to fly the cool ship too.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sat, 18. May 24, 09:13

The devs were already informed about this using other methods. It's a matter of hoping that a dev can take some time out of their current beta/DLC workload to look into it.

The main problem is that you say the issue persists with vanilla 6.20 and other players are not seeing that - which may imply that something in your set-up procedure is not happening correctly.

fennyfox
x4

Post by fennyfox » Sat, 18. May 24, 19:53

I guess that's about all I can do for now given the situation. thanks again for the assistance, and I hope someone pulls through, though I understand the wait and don't see this being a priority with timelines on the horizon.
Im just glad everyone here is helpful with assisting me. Thanks again for forwarding my topic of interest to whomever it may concern.

Return to “X4: Foundations - Technical Support”