[Suggestion] Ship Showroom Module. Ship "trophy" display.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

[Suggestion] Ship Showroom Module. Ship "trophy" display.

Post by Scoob » Fri, 3. May 24, 20:39

Hey all,

In the game, there are a number of unique ships. In the new v7.0 beta, we've also gained the ability to acquire a number of new Xenon ships. For some reason, I've become a bit of a collector of these new Xenon ships, just as I collected some of the unique ships already in the game. This got me to thinking...

Initially, I considered building a Station just for the purpose of permanently parking some of these ships as trophies if you will. However, what if there was a new module that was basically a ship showroom. I.e. It would have docks (just thinking S and M-Class at the moment) that are a bit more luxurious than those currently available, and they'd have extra lighting to really show off the vessel parked there. The little ship panel would still be present, but it'd give more details of the ship (as in the regular ship info, manufacturer etc.), as well as, perhaps, interesting stats like when it was acquired (acquired by Scoob, on date [timestamp], ship forced to bail).

These "display pads" might not even be dockable in the usual way, but the player can call ships to the dock. So, a new module, with a selection of S and M-Class docks (different ones with different configurations perhaps) at which we cannot dock directly, but we can call ships to the dock for display purposes.

You could even push things a bit further... how about docks that will cycle between ships, displaying each in turn when the player is present. Heh, I'm aware this is a totally non-functional feature that does little or nothing for gameplay. However, I have over the years found myself hoarding various ships with no intent to actually fly them - outside of plot things of course - but just want to keep them as a souvenir going forwards.

Talking larger ships, perhaps a Module that will allow L/XL ships to dock, BUT it has walkways and viewing galleries so the player can stand up-close to such vessels for that sense of scale.

I'd never have thought of suggesting a module for this. However, after my suggestion of an Observation Module was actually included in the new v7.0 Beta, I thought it worth a shot.

Return to “X4: Foundations”