Option to dissable video comunications

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Arthur07
x4

Option to dissable video comunications

Post by Arthur07 » Thu, 2. May 24, 22:43

Hello there.
I would love to have the option to disable the video communication that we getting intentional or randomly. As we know some of us getting fps drops while it's on display. Maybe it is the 7.0 beta3 intensifying it more but overall we would like to have a " DO NOT DISTURB" button for it :D or you toggle it in menu or global orders.
It's unplayable when I dogfight and the video com pops up it destroys my momentum for a few seconds and it so irritating that I want to altF4.

Khugan
x4

Re: Option to dissable video comunications

Post by Khugan » Thu, 2. May 24, 23:08

It also blocks information about what surface element I am targeting at the moment. I would like a separate display for comms or a toggle vid comms off.

Example:
I'm approaching a Xenon capital ship, hitting page-up to eventually select it's engines, but then I get comms about something unrelated. Though it's a few seconds of time, those few seconds are an eternity since I am quickly approaching and don't know what I am targeting. It's temporary blindness and due to the intensity of the combat in this game it's also very irritating and breaks the flow of combat. When combat flows nicely it's quite fun and rewarding, but when it gets halted due to communications that are unrelated to the very intense situation, it's only frustrating. You'd think that having incoming communications would not interfere with surface element target selection.

Arthur07
x4

Post by Arthur07 » Fri, 3. May 24, 22:44

"Video communications are disrupting the combat flow "
That the words I was looking for to explain my thoughts better (Thanks Khugan). Either if it a fps drop or tactical smoke screen against the player. If the Video coms can't be removed or hidden then at least move it above the right down corner, that it will not obscure the tactical window and instead of a video, a static or just a picture of that NPC (Old school).

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Fri, 3. May 24, 23:46

As per the rules in the Public Beta Feedback forum, that forum is for feedback on the new features and fixes in the public beta, not for new feature requests. Moved to the main forum where these belong.

TroubledRabbit

Post by TroubledRabbit » Sat, 4. May 24, 03:32

I second that as 'new feature'.
At least give us an option to disable these irritating 'googlemeets'. Including quest ones. Boso (e.g.) can be annoying even more than average demeanor of Borons, aka: 'excited teenager'.
Even Lower Spec (occasional) Gamer

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon, kernel line: 5.15, X11
T14 AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650U/Renoir, 32GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”