Pathfinder what can turn down a player

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Zorba Leutius
x4

Pathfinder what can turn down a player

Post by Zorba Leutius » Wed, 1. May 24, 01:21

Is the pathfinder issue possible to solve with this game engine perhaps this is the quesiton to pose when addressing this issue.

I´m tired to have my ships stuck and unable to perform. I´m tired to have to leave the system to unstuck a ship.

I want to immerse myself in this game on a micro level. Only this way this all seam a simulation but then all goes to waste.

I am very in favour of this company and its products but years have passed and this essential thing is not solved.

Virtualaughing
x4

Re: Pathfinder what can turn down a player

Post by Virtualaughing » Wed, 8. May 24, 03:01

I feel you. It is boring. Also this is "hitbox" related stuff. The geometry of the ships which is the real problem. One part is that we need the ships to approach each other because of the combat aspect. If the path finding is over complicated, then you will see ships afraid to go into firing range.
One of the worse elements when an S size ships stuck in an L.
At one hand you can have an X3 game when a single antenna collision can kill your ship. At the other hand you can have this no damage in collisions. We need inertia for realism but then this no collision damage makes no sense.
X to X3 is MENU SUPERIOR!
I think Egosoft has already worked out our doom, because Xenon AI will reach the stars! :D

Return to “X4: Foundations”